Facebook ecwid shop cannot work via MP

https://my.ecwid.com/store/7279278#products

I find that it is not working in Facebook Mobile version. Please help

Thanks

Curtis Chan
Old 08-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Curtis,

Alexandra here, Ecwid team. Thank you for contacting us!

As I understand, you have added your store to Facebook, but cannot access it on a mobile device. Please let me explain the reason of it.

There is an issue with Facebook not showing third-party apps in the mobile view. Generally, Ecwid itself works perfectly on mobile devices as it’s designed to work on any platform. Ecwid has a responsive design which adapts to different screen sizes and resolutions. So, there are no technical limitations from Ecwid side.

However, there are certain Facebook limitations hindering the work of all third party apps—it doesn’t show such apps (which are not developed by Facebook) on its mobile version. It affects all applications, including Ecwid. Thus, if you open your Facebook page on a mobile device, you won’t be able to access Ecwid store. This is a Facebook decision to make these kinds of restrictions, and we have to adapt to it.

There is a solution though. You can use Facebook call-to-action button, and link it to your Starter Site. Please, refer here to see detailed instruction: Facebook store on mobile devices.

It should help. Please, let us know if any further questions arise.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:43 AM

Basically Ecwid application for Facebook is able to work on mobile devices. Your Facebook store is viewed normally and can be accessed from mobiles.
However, Facebook has certain restrictions hindering the work of applications on mobiles, and it impacts all Facebook apps, not only Ecwid.

1. When users open your Facebook page from mobiles, they do not see 'Shop' link.
This is a limitation of Facebook: links to 3rd party applications (i.e., those developed not by Facebook) are not shown on the Pages from mobiles. It affects all applications, not just Ecwid.
So when you access Facebook page from a mobile (and Facebook considers iPhones, iPads and Android tablets as mobile devices), you will not see a link to your Ecwid shop.
Furthermore, if you try to open Ecwid store on Facebook in a mobile browser, it will display 'page not found' error.
At present it is technically not possible to display standard Facebook tab applications on mobiles. We have to live with this restriction until Facebook changes it.
Therefore, unfortunately we don't have a mobile version of the Ecwid Facebook app. Yet, we can offer you ways to work this around, see below.
2. One more restriction relates to relations between Facebook and Apple:
'Add to bag' button isn't shown on mobile catalogs if opened in mobile Facebook application for iOS.
This is a forced measure that we had to take due to the following Facebook restriction.
According to the Facebook policy (https://developers.facebook.com/policy p#I.9):
Mobile Web Apps that are running within the Facebook iOS app must not accept payments. In particular, these apps must not reference, use, or otherwise encourage the use of Facebook Payments or other non-iOS approved payment methods.

Facebook contacted us with this regard and requested to disable all payment methods in Ecwid application, otherwise our application would be closed.
In order to keep the Ecwid app running on thousands of Facebook pages, as a way to work this around we had to remove 'Add to Bag' button from the mobile catalog when it's viewed from mobile Facebook app on iOS.
Regrettably, it doesn't appear possible to sell anything in mobile Facebook iOS app unless items are sold within online Apple store.