Old 08-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the message. Let's try to sort that out.

Quote:
the regular customers can still see the "storefront" that was created for the wholesale customers.
It's possible to display certain categories/products for particular customer groups only.

The first method requires a bit of CSS coding.

In order to do so, please follow the steps below:

1) Create as many customer groups as needed.
2) Create a root category for each group.
3) Add necessary products and subcategories to each root category.
4) Go to the Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → Design → Edit theme → Add CSS that will show a specific category for a particular group only to the bottom of the field → Activate and Save

You can find a detailed guide on what CSS you should use in the following forum post: https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpos...32&postcount=2

Secondly, you can make certain categories available by the link only. For example, you'll be able to share this link with your wholesale customers.

The steps are the following: create a root category -> create a sub-category in the root category -> add products to the sub-category -> open the sub-category on your website and copy the link -> disable the root category.

Then this category will be available with the link only and it won't be visible in your storefront.

Thirdly, you can create a password-protected page on your website and add a wholesale category there. So only visitors with the password will be able to see it.

In order to do so, you should use the following approach: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...differentsites

Quote:
2 - when anyone does a search, it brings up the wholesale priced items as well. This will confuse both parties.
This one is a bit more complicated in terms of effort, however, it's still quite easy to do.

It can also be done with a bit of CSS coding.

With the below code, you can hide any product you want. The code looks like that:

Code:
/* Hides a product from the search results  */
div.ecwid-productBrowser-SearchPage td.ecwid-product-id-PRODUCTID {
display: none;
}
/* Shows a product in the search results to the customers from a customer group*/
body.ecwid-customer-group-CUSTOMERID .ecwid-productBrowser-SearchPage td.ecwid-product-id-PRODUCTID {
display: block;
}

Where PRODUCTID is the ID(number) of the product. Here's how you can find the product ID: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ct-or-category Note that the product ID should be the same in both codes.

CUSTOMERID is the ID(number) of the customer group. The process to find this one is described above.

You should copy both these codes for each product you want to hide from the search result. The only thing that will change is the PRODUCT ID. Everything else remains the same.

Then add the code to hide the number of results found because the number won't match with actually found products as we hide some of them.

Code:
/* Hides the number of results found */
html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body div.ecwid-results-topPanel div.ecwid-results-topPanel-itemsCountLabel {
display: none;
}
Also, it's possible to customize a search widget specifically for your store. So the widget will operate under the rules that you define.

This widget can be created with the help of our API, which is open and free for all paid users.

The creation of such solution will require programming skills. If you need assistance with this, our Customization Team will be happy to help you for an extra fee. If you are interested, please fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv they will get back to you with the details.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Edward M.; 08-03-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:38 PM

"You should copy both these codes for each product you want to hide from the search result. The only thing that will change is the PRODUCT ID. Everything else remains the same. "

So, if I have 100+ products that I want to hide from the search function, I have to do this for each product?

Is there not a way to eliminate a product from a certain root category from the search option versus having to do this for every product?

Thank you!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi!

Alexandra with Ecwid team here. We are incredibly sorry for the radio silence. Please, let me address your question.

Quote:
Is there not a way to eliminate a product from a certain root category from the search option versus having to do this for every product?
I am sorry, there's no way to erase all products in the category from search results with a single CSS code. The search widget doesn't recognize the category ID when it comes to CSS changes to certain products.

I understand that this process seems to be quite time-consuming, however, to my regret, there's no other built-in way to achieve it.

Although, as Edward mentioned in his previous post, you can create a custom search widget specifically for your store with the help of our API. Basically, anyone can develop a custom solution for your store if they have enough programming knowledge—you can do it by yourself, hire a developer, ask a friend, hire our team or anyone you want, it's totally up to you.

If you would like our team to help you with that, please fill in the form and they will get back to you with the details and quote shortly.

This way, the widget will function by the rules you set yourself.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:18 AM

Why not just create a second wholesale price field for the product?
Within a category, allow the category to be set for which customer groups can view it, and which price should be shown, wholesaler or retail. This way a single product listing can be placed in a retail category and they also category with a different unique price and appropriate price applied. Of course a category marked for wholesale customers group should not show up in search results of retail customers and retail product should not show up in search of someone in wholesale customer group.

This is all just some programming logic. Not too difficult. Using this model wholesale price can also be applied using a percent discount only for the wholesale customer group.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:24 AM

The best solution for wholesale store is to use two separate stores, for 2 separate companies. One company can still handle all the shipping for the other and all of the orders can be pushed into a single Shipstation account for fulfillment ...

but no one including myself wants to manage to separate copies of product data, manual duplication of the database turns into a nightmare very quickly! So we just need a little App that can synchronize product data between two stores maybe based on a tag. This also allows both sites to be two separate companies which has benefits when dealing with wholesale dealers, liability protections, and tax benefits if business ever generates more than $50,000 in profit.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

I'm Alex Flint from Ecwid Team.

Quote:
Within a category, allow the category to be set for which customer groups can view it, and which price should be shown, wholesaler or retail. This way a single product listing can be placed in a retail category and they also category with a different unique price and appropriate price applied. Of course a category marked for wholesale customers group should not show up in search results of retail customers and retail product should not show up in search of someone in wholesale customer group.
Thanks for providing us with the idea. We are constantly working on improving Ecwid and we really appreciate your feedback because it helps us make Ecwid better.

I will pass your idea to our Product Team, and we'll think on how we can make it easier to handle a single Ecwid store for both retail and wholesale customers.

Quote:
So we just need a little App that can synchronize product data between two stores maybe based on a tag.
I'd like to let you know, that it's possible to ease the process of managing similar products when you have several Ecwid stores.

You can transfer the changes that you made to products in your store to another one with the help of the Import/Export feature. This option is based on the property that when the importing tool sees the SKU that already exists in your store, it updates current information of the product with this SKU with imported one.

So, let's assume, that you have two Ecwid stores with the same products. Here's how I see this workflow:

1. You set the same SKU for the same products in both Ecwid stores.
2. Once you've updated the products data in one of your Ecwid stores, export your products into a CSV file in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > Export All

3. Open the CSV file you created in a spreadsheet editor (e.g. OpenOffice Calc, Google Docs) and delete the rows, containing products that are not presented in the second store.

4. Log into your second Ecwid store, and import the CSV file you created in Catalog >
Products > Import Products

That's it. When the import will be finished, your products data in the second store will be up to date with one in your first store. You can learn more about this feature in our article on Importing Products

Also, I'd like to remind you that it is possible to create a custom product management tool for the purpose of synchronizing product data between two Ecwid stores by a custom application based on our API (https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation/).

If you want our Customization Team to implement such a tool for you, you can fill this form — https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and they'll contact you to discuss the details.

Hope I was helpful.