The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Question

Shipping extra charge when two items are added to cart ...

When you go on my site to order a planner, one of the categories is to order a planner with an add on which is a page marker. So for example, the sku to order a blue planner with page marker is SKU 32590. The total of that would be $21.00 (19 for the planner and 2 for the page marker.) and the shipping is $5.75 total.

If you go on my site and order the blue planner by itself and then click on the page marker separately to order so it would appear in the shopping cart as 2 items and not one, the shipping jumps to $6.25. SKU for single blue planner is 32594 and marker is 32591.

I am having an issue with this because the orders are basically the same so the shipping really should be. I’m not sure how you change the shipping but I am concerned that someone will get wind of this and be annoyed. Is there anything we can do about it?

My site is http://orderoochaos.com/

Thank you for any of your help.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Josel View Post
When you go on my site to order a planner, one of the categories is to order a planner with an add on which is a page marker. So for example, the sku to order a blue planner with page marker is SKU 32590. The total of that would be $21.00 (19 for the planner and 2 for the page marker.) and the shipping is $5.75 total.

If you go on my site and order the blue planner by itself and then click on the page marker separately to order so it would appear in the shopping cart as 2 items and not one, the shipping jumps to $6.25. SKU for single blue planner is 32594 and marker is 32591.

I am having an issue with this because the orders are basically the same so the shipping really should be. I’m not sure how you change the shipping but I am concerned that someone will get wind of this and be annoyed. Is there anything we can do about it?

My site is http://orderoochaos.com/

Thank you for any of your help.

Hello,

I’ve checked you store. The reason why the shipping cost for separate items is higher is that you have assigned extra shipping cost of 50 cents for the marker (32591) in your control panel -> Catalog -> Products -> Academic Planner PageMarker -> Tax and shipping tab. When the “Fixed Rate per item” option is enabled, the rate you specify adds to every single item of this product in the shopping cart, as the name of the option implies. For the shipping rates to be calculated according to your settings on the control panel -> System settings -> Shipping page, you need to change the shipping freight in product details to “Use Global Settings”

Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/...ingfreightnbsp
The Following User Says Thank You to Liza P For This Useful Post:
Leslie Josel (06-06-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 08:23 PM

Liza thank you for your reply - I went to change the setting and before I do wanted to be sure that my shipping rates won't go up if we switch to a global setting? What will change?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Josel View Post
Liza thank you for your reply - I went to change the setting and before I do wanted to be sure that my shipping rates won't go up if we switch to a global setting? What will change?
After you apply “Use global settings” option in control panel, Catalog -> Products -> Product details - Tax and Shipping tab, the settings from the control panel -> System settings -> Shipping page will be applied. And the extra rate per item won’t be added to the order total anymore.

Currently in your store you have two shipping methods enabled: U.S.P.S. shipping method for the “US&Canada” destination zone and a custom table based on weight for the USA destination zone. These are the methods that will be used to calculate shipping rates in your store after you apply “Use global settings” option.
You can check the applied settings yourself by placing a test order in your store.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping, shipping overcharge, two products