The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Webpartner

I agree that posting a full month's sales to QB in a minute or two is great. It saved me 2-3 hours of work just this week. Having integrated shipping labels saves hours of time through a month. It would totally be worth $300 to me, but I've already done the work to integrate my shipping and QB sales reports by tinkering around with the ECWID orders API and some php code. I don't need to wait around for some other company to do it.

I guess I'm saying I can do what you want Atandra to do for you in the future today, and I'm happy to share.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Nelson1 For This Useful Post:
accurateled (02-07-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

I was previously using Webgility eCC with another shopping cart and it worked quite well. Problem is that I've been storing my customer names in the format: lastname, firstname, postalcode as that was one of the features of eCC. I'd like to use something to import my orders into QB again, but I have many repeat customers so whatever I use needs to be able to use my customer name format.... And I think it's especially harder with Ecwid now because first and last names are combined into one field...... Any thoughts?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Webpartner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I was previously using Webgility eCC with another shopping cart and it worked quite well. Problem is that I've been storing my customer names in the format: lastname, firstname, postalcode as that was one of the features of eCC. I'd like to use something to import my orders into QB again, but I have many repeat customers so whatever I use needs to be able to use my customer name format.... And I think it's especially harder with Ecwid now because first and last names are combined into one field...... Any thoughts?
ECWID combines names into one field. I guess it might make sense to make things as simple as possible, but I do think two fields is more standard and easier to work with most of the time. It is possible to do some string manipulation with PHP or your language of choice when you download orders with the API. You could break the string into two pieces based on wherever the spaces are in the name. You'd still have problems like Martin Van Buren. I think the last name here is considered to be "Van Buren." You'd have to decide how to handle multi part names. Adding the Postal code would be easy. I could edit the script I'm using to do this. You'd probably still have a few customers that ended up being recreated, but not that many.

Jason
Old 01-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

I know what you mean as I have customers worldwide and some have as many as 4 names, especially people in Spain! Does your script also populate payment method and deposit to information for Quickbooks? I use Sales Receipts exclusively and deposit to a Paypal bank account for Paypal sales, and undeposited funds for credit card sales..
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Webpartner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I know what you mean as I have customers worldwide and some have as many as 4 names, especially people in Spain! Does your script also populate payment method and deposit to information for Quickbooks? I use Sales Receipts exclusively and deposit to a Paypal bank account for Paypal sales, and undeposited funds for credit card sales..
Feel free to PM me. We don't need to have this conversation on the board. I've lived in Mexico and the Spanish speaking Caribbean so I know what you mean with the Spanish names.

I import as sales receipts only as well. I created two bank accounts to hold my sales, one for PayPal and one for credit cards. It would just be a matter of selecting which accounts you want each payment type deposited into.

You also need to make sure that the unique identifier you use for your items in QuickBooks is the same as either the SKU in ECWID or the product name in ECWID. You can edit the name/sku to make sure they match.

Jason
Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Myers View Post
Eugene, I just sent you a PM regarding Atandra. I got the following response from them this morning.

We are evaluating integration options. Their demo site does not support the API access to test this feasibility.
Would you be able to provide us access to site to check their API and advise feasibility and timing.
Justin, thanks, we've got the ball rolling.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Nelson1 View Post
I went and looked at Atandra. With a cost of $300, $500 or $700 I think it is an expensive option. You are paying $300 to link a $250 software package with a $17/month shopping cart. I wrote a script that downloads ecwid sales to an Intuit IIF file and imports all sales you specify by date or by ECWID transaction ID into quickbooks. I'd be more than happy to share it the ECWID community for say $15 a year per account.

I've also done the same thing with shipping label integration for FedEx & Stamps.com. If you are interested in giving either of them a try, PM me and I'll get you set up. Try either script for a month free and let me know if you'd like to keep using them. If you use the quickbooks script, you don't need the shipping script so you save even more.

Jason
Jason, that sounds very interesting. You could, for example, start an online service providing that functionality based on your scripts - we at Ecwid team would only welcome such satellite services, or you could already sell the scripts themselves (possibly, using Ecwid) at some fixed price - your market is all here, and again we are only interested in such additional services and would never prevent you from providing your services to Ecwid users.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know we have been working with Tim at http://shopcartconnector.com/wp/ for a few weeks now and he has it pretty much down packed.

He has been working hard to get the final glitches out and it looks like we have it covered.
all we need now is Amazon integration ( this is to Ecwid side)
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortia View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know we have been working with Tim at http://shopcartconnector.com/wp/ for a few weeks now and he has it pretty much down packed.

He has been working hard to get the final glitches out and it looks like we have it covered.
all we need now is Amazon integration ( this is to Ecwid side)
What exactly kind of Amazon integration do you anticipate?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:24 AM

Default Amazon

Amazon Shopping cart integration, so the sales go in Ecwid like Pay Pal does.
Google check out as well, but we get very few Google sales so that one is not a big deal.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
iif, quickbooks