The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:58 PM

During checkout (after choosing payment method and entering email address), when I click on the "continue" button, I get the message:

"Please correct the highlighted fields"

There are no highlighted fields to correct.

Can you help me fix this issue?

Last edited by Arthur Belostotsky; 03-22-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:26 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifers Kitchen View Post
During checkout (after choosing payment method and entering email address), when I click on the "continue" button, I get the message:

"Please correct the highlighted fields"

There are no highlighted fields to correct.

Can you help me fix this issue?
Hello,

Ecwid Customer Care team here. Thanks for contacting us on that matter!

I've checked your store and I currently see what the issue is caused with. Check this video to see the reason for the issue: CLICK HERE TO WATCH

As you see, in your custom CSS theme you used a couple of rules to hide the password block from checkout. The rules are:

Code:
table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button, div.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock {
  display:none;
}
div.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock {
  display:none;
}
These rules hide the password block, but if any element is hidden with CSS it does not really mean that it's not present in the system.

Considering that there's an option enabled in your store to Require customers to create accounts on checkout, the password fields become mandatory and the customers have to fill them in even if they don't see them.

In order to fix it you need to disable that option so that the customers would not have to type in the password. It can be disabled in the Ecwid Control Panel -> Settings -> General -> Cart as you can see in the screenshot below:

Don't forget to save changes of course.

Once it's done, reload the page with your store. It's also a good idea to clear the cache of your browser to make sure that the issue is gone for good.

And finally, just another tip which is not related to the topic:

I noticed that you are still using the old buttons in your store and we released new ones which look pretty cool and are easily customizable with CSS. They and a couple of other features can be enabled in the What's New section (Ecwid Control Panel -> Settings -> What's new). Check this out too, I hope you like the improvements.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout