The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:25 AM
Webpartner

Product Unaavailable at the moment

Hello,

How can I show a product in the store, which is currently unavailable? So basically I just want to change In Stock to Out of Stock or something equal? - I use the free plan at the moment to start with Ecwid but this point is very important for me.

Last edited by OLYMPOS Systems; 06-22-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:24 AM

Yes, that works. The product - status out of stock - will show but cannot be ordered
Old 06-22-2015, 09:33 AM
Webpartner

But where and how can I change the product status in the free plan?
Old 06-22-2015, 09:39 AM

Go to Catalog, clikc on the product you want to change into out of stock and look underneath the price box where you'll find Stock control. click on manage and tock the box where it says 0 items, the click save
Old 06-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Webpartner

You're right but I use a free plan and that's not available in the free plan.

In addition I don't need a stock quantity control I just need to change the word In stock to currently unavailable or Out of stock but the product should still be visible in the store even if it is currently unavailable.

Is there any other posibility?

Any help?

Last edited by Daria L.; 06-25-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYMPOS Systems View Post
You're right but I use a free plan and that's not available in the free plan.

In addition I don't need a stock quantity control I just need to change the word In stock to currently unavailable or Out of stock but the product should still be visible in the store even if it is currently unavailable.

Is there any other posibility?

Any help?
Hello!

Sorry for such a long delay with the reply. I’ve read your previous messages in this thread, so first of all, let me explain in details how “Inventory Tracking” works in Ecwid.

In Ecwid it is possible to set product quantity for each product in your Ecwid control panel -> Catalog -> Products -> Product detailed page -> General, Stock Control block, click “Manage” link, screenshot:

When you set product quantity, it will be automatically reduced after each purchase until it reaches zero. After that the product get “Out of stock” status and will not be available for sale, (“add to bag” button is hidden automatically), but still will be displayed in the store front with “Out of stock” label:

When some product becomes “Out of stock” Ecwid store administrator gets notified about it. Please, refer to this article for more detailed information about inventory tracking: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ntory-tracking

Actually you are right - this feature is available in paid Ecwid plans only,so if you want to use it you need to upgrade your account. You can check Ecwid plans and features breakdown in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ures-breakdown

When you decide to upgrade, you can do that in your Ecwid control panel -> Billing and Plans.

Hope this answers your question. If you are interested in anything else, please feel free to ask - we are always very glad to help!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 06-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Webpartner

Thank you!

Is there another possibility without the count of stock? Just to replace product in stock to product out of stock without any other feature?
Old 06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you!

Is there another possibility without the count of stock? Just to replace product in stock to product out of stock without any other feature?
As a workaround you can hide “Add to bag” button, “In stock” label and quantity for particular products in your store (which are Out of stock) by adding following CSS rule to your active CSS theme (Ecwid control panel -> Settings -> Design -> CSS Themes-> Your active theme):

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456 div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-inStockLabel, .ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456 td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable-buy,  
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456 div.ecwid-AddToBagButton,  
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123456 div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel  {
    display: none;
}
Where the ‘123456’ - unique internal product ID for the product. How to get Product ID?
Also, refer to this article to know how to change design of certain pages only: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...uctdetailspage

In this case your product will be displayed in the storefront, but there will be no opportunity for your customers to buy it. In product description you can specify that this item is out of stock.
Please, see the screenshot to check how the product page looks with this code:

Please, note, to use this workaround you will have to disable “Show "Buy now" buttons on products list pages” function in your Ecwid control panel -> Settings -> General -> Cart. Otherwise, your customers will be able to purchase Out of Stock items by clicking on “Buy now” buttons.

Please, try it and let me know about results. Thank you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 06-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Webpartner

I tried to do it but I won't work and I don't know why.

If I click on the product, I can get the product number from the link right? Example: http://olympos-systems.ecwid.com/#!/...egory=13377086

And the number would be: 51316758 right?

Another question: can I disable the buy now button for all products?

I managed to siable the buy now button. Do I have to embed every single product with the generated code that the workaround works because I still can click add to bag and the quantity.

I still use the free plan and it should work with the freeplan right?

Daria do you have any idea why it doesn't work?

Last edited by Daria L.; 06-30-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I tried to do it but I won't work and I don't know why.

If I click on the product, I can get the product number from the link right? Example: http://olympos-systems.ecwid.com/#!/...egory=13377086

And the number would be: 51316758 right?

Another question: can I disable the buy now button for all products?

I managed to siable the buy now button. Do I have to embed every single product with the generated code that the workaround works because I still can click add to bag and the quantity.

I still use the free plan and it should work with the freeplan right?

Daria do you have any idea why it doesn't work?
Hello!

I’ve checked your custom CSS theme and as far as I can see, you added the correct ID of your product to the code that I gave you in the previous message. But it doesn’t work because there is an incorrect syntax in some of the CSS codes in your custom CSS theme - the closing brackets are missed in these codes.

Basically, when the store page is loaded, the browser loads the CSS theme and applies the CSS codes from top to bottom. Once the browser detects an error in the code, it stops loading the CSS file further. All the codes, even if they are valid and working, located after the incorrect CSS rule, simply won’t be applied. Thus, to solve the issue, please, find these codes in your custom CSS theme:

Code:

.ecwid-Checkout-BreadCrumbs-Vertical div.ecwid-Checkout-BreadCrumbs-section-visited {
	background: #1C2F3D; 
}
Code:

.ecwid-modal-content table.ecwid-modal-table-items{
        border-collapse: collapse;
        margin-top: 5px;
        width: 99%;
}
and here:

Code:

@media (max-width: 767px) {
       html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body div.ecwid-amexPaymentForm {
                margin-right: 0;
       }

html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body div.ecwid-ppReview-sidebar-ver {
       }
}
and add the closing brackets to them (marked red), otherwise they break a serious part of your theme. Once you do this, the code for hiding “Add to bag” button will work correctly.

In order to hide “Add to bag” button and quantity for all products in your store, you need to add following CSS rule to your active CSS theme (Ecwid control panel -> Settings -> Design -> CSS Themes-> Your active theme):

Code:
td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable-buy,  
div.ecwid-AddToBagButton,  
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel { 
  display:none; 
}
Hope, this helps! If you need further assistance, please, let me know.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.