The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 AM

SEO: Creating different html pages for each category

Right now I have 12 categories on my home page. (oc-music.com) From an SEO standpoint, I was wondering: what about creating a home page that does not have the Ecwid script on it ? Instead, create an index page that has links to all 12 categories..... when you click on the link it directs you to a new page that does have the Ecwid script for that category. Here's my logic, this give me 12 additional pages on my website, I get to change meta-tags, title, and description for each page and I think the bot's would interpret this as more content.

If I'm not nuts and this actually makes some sense, the only problem would be the "store" link. I would need to change the script so it takes me to index.htm without inserting the Ecwid script. Can this be done ?

Thanks.... I love this shopping cart!

Last edited by Mitch Castle; 05-04-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 AM

You should be able to accomplish this by just placing the vertical categories menu widget on your index page. You can then put the store widget on any other page you want if needed. Or you can create links on your index page and then put the store widget for each separate category on the pages you want to link to. There are discussions on this in this forum somewhere if you search for them. Go to the Ecwid Knowledge Base and click on "Hidden Products and Categories" Then scroll down until you find the link for "Default Category for Product Browser":

I think this may help you.

Great Buys

Last edited by Great Buys; 05-04-2011 at 03:58 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.