The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 AM

Question

Installation Help? Joomla 1.7.3

Hello, I am am completely lost on an issue I am having....

I have been using ECWID for a while so installation has never been an issue. That is until I tried to install it on a Joomla 1.7.3 install? For some reason the script keeps getting stripped of code? I have all editors turned off.

This is what it gets stripped to when trying to save:
Code:
<div>

xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style="); 
<noscript>Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please proceed to <a href="http://app.ecwid.com/jsp/339078/catalog">HTML version of (hidden) store</a></noscript>
</div>
I also have a Joomla 1.7.1 install on the same server using the same install methods, and it works fine.

Is there something not compatible with 1.7.3?
Any help appreciated.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 AM

This is a security feature in the Joomla itself, it is not caused by Ecwid. Most probably the solution from this thread will help: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5557

But I would rather suggest to go even further and install the Joomla component for Ecwid - this way you will be able to publish the Ecwid stores on your Joomla sites easily with just the settings in the Joomla Administrator interface and without copying the code.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:05 PM

TY! This was the solution to my issues.

Thank you again for your help.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:05 AM

Default Having the same problem but...

Hello, i'm having the same issue using the component... Nothing appears on the body of the page but, I'm able to display the category module?

The menu item is linked to the Default Ecwid view. Does this component only work with Rockettheme templates? I tried searching their forums but didn't get an answer.

See link here: http://piecesofjamaica.net/shop2

Thank you
Old 01-11-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poj View Post
Hello, i'm having the same issue using the component... Nothing appears on the body of the page but, I'm able to display the category module?

The menu item is linked to the Default Ecwid view. Does this component only work with Rockettheme templates? I tried searching their forums but didn't get an answer.

See link here: http://piecesofjamaica.net/shop2

Thank you
The component works with every Joomla it is compatible with. For some reason, however, on your particular site the whole set of elements that enclose the content of every other page are missing for the RokEcwid powered pages. Please, check the template style you have for the RokEcwid's menu item - is it the same as for others or somewhat different?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 PM

Duh!
Thank you Eugene... I needed to enable "System Output" for the page... :/

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.