The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:07 AM

Question

Hi there,

Wondered if anyone has any steps on setting up the Funnel in Google Analytics?
What would the funnel step URLs be?

Thanks for any help

Also I saw this option in my CP... would this likely be needed for Analytics code or should it be continued across to the thank you page already?..

Quote:
Tracking code on "Thank you for your order" page
DisabledEnable

Last edited by Sergey; 03-26-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by National Lobster Hatchery View Post
Hi there,

Wondered if anyone has any steps on setting up the Funnel in Google Analytics?
What would the funnel step URLs be?

Thanks for any help

Also I saw this option in my CP... would this likely be needed for Analytics code or should it be continued across to the thank you page already?..
Hi,

If you have Google Analytics up and running with your Ecwid store, you should be able to set up the Funnel Visualization in your Google Analytics backend. When you do that you will be able to see which routes on your website the customers go through, on which point they may leave your site and what percentage of them complete the order and reach the “Thank you for your order” page.

The instruction on how to set up Funnel Visualization in Google Analytics is given in this viedo tutorial by Kissmetrics: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/ga-conv...funnels-video/

In order to make that work with Ecwid you need to use proper URL’s of virtual pages which Google Analytics creates for your Ecwid store.
And such URLs are provided here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ookinGAbackend

The field “Destination” in Goal Details should be filled with /checkout/orderPlaced like this:

And after, when you set up the funnel in GA (GA backend -> Admin -> Goals), it will look approximately like this:

As you see, I set only one category there and one product, but it’s possible to add many of them and even all the products in your store.
!Note that it’s important to leave the “Required?” switch as “NO”, because if you don’t, the funnel will only start when the customer accesses the particular category or product. So, you’ll see nothing in it, since the funnel will not be triggered.

Well, I set it up like that and did a test run over my store. As you see, all the data got transferred to the funnel alright:

Keep in mind though that the data is transferred to the Funnel Visualization (GA backend -> Reporting -> Conversions -> Goals -> Funnel Visualization) within 24 hours, so nevermind if the data aren’t shown instantly.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
funnel