The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:09 PM

Possible to disable search button in starter site?

I have 2 stores with ecwid. One is a catalog only and the other is for when customers want to purchase. I'm really hoping there is a solution to this issue or I'll have to look elsewhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to completely disable/hide the search circle button in the new starter site. I included a link below to what I'm talking about
https://tgest.ecwid.com/
it also scrolls as you scroll down too.

Each customer will have different prices depending on their selections and will have there order information listed. I don't want the search available to prevent customers from seeing other orders. Is there a way to do this?

I have searched all these forums looking for an answer but nothing has worked for the new starter site search. I've tried many different css codes.
Is it simply not possible?

Thanks a lot
Old 10-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda414 View Post
I have 2 stores with ecwid. One is a catalog only and the other is for when customers want to purchase. I'm really hoping there is a solution to this issue or I'll have to look elsewhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to completely disable/hide the search circle button in the new starter site. I included a link below to what I'm talking about
https://tgest.ecwid.com/
it also scrolls as you scroll down too.

Each customer will have different prices depending on their selections and will have there order information listed. I don't want the search available to prevent customers from seeing other orders. Is there a way to do this?

I have searched all these forums looking for an answer but nothing has worked for the new starter site search. I've tried many different css codes.
Is it simply not possible?

Thanks a lot
Hi Amanda,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can hide the search with the help of this CSS code:

Code:
.search-icon {
  display: none;
}
Add it to Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design > CSS Themes > your active CSS Theme. Add it at the end of the theme and click "Save" button.

If you need any further help, please feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:02 PM

Thanks a lot. For some reason it was only working on the main site and not the starter site. I think the code was off from a different thread. this one actually worked!
Thank you!!

Amanda

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.