The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM

How to add DHL?

Hi!

DHL is not showing as an alternative for shipping? You say that it should excist in you compare plans shippment tab?

Regs Tomas
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas Persson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Persson View Post
Hi!

DHL is not showing as an alternative for shipping? You say that it should excist in you compare plans shippment tab?

Regs Tomas
Sorry, that's a mistake on that page, we will correct that soon. Ecwid had a built in integration for carrier calculated DHL Airborne shipping methods, but it was removed from Ecwid in the end of February 2012 because of 2 reasons:

1. DHL API was broken, returning invalid rates for our requests, and their support was unwilling to rectify this
2. For 2 years of Ecwid no real store was ever using DHL shipping methods.

We decided these 2 factors together spell the end of support for DHL Airborne carrier calculated methods in Ecwid.

Now it is possible to set up any shipping costs manually using the user-defined shipping methods instead. Please, let us know if you need help with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM

Hi, is this information still current? DHL has decided to give us special rates for our 'for-benefit' store. Can we get their shipping rates automatically?

Many thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kikstra View Post
Hi, is this information still current? DHL has decided to give us special rates for our 'for-benefit' store. Can we get their shipping rates automatically?

Many thanks
Hello,

Since Ecwid support user-defined shipping methods, I'd recommend you configuring such shipping methods in your store so that they will emulate the DHL rates. It won't be difficult unless there are many locations/rates that needs to be entered. You can set it up this way:
- Open the shipping methods page in your control panel (System settings → Shipping)
- Click 'New shipping method', select the region that the method will be used to ship to and choose the 'Custom table' option
- Enter the shipping rates that DHL provided you with
- Set name for the created shipping method (e.g. 'DHL')
- Save

That's all. If you need to create shipping rates for another region, create another shipping method with the corresponding rates for that destination zone.

As to carrier-calculated real-time rates, Ecwid currently supports the following carriers: UPS, USPS, FedEx, Australia Post, Canada Post and EMS. DHL is not supported, unfortunately.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 05-22-2014, 03:45 PM

Hello, is it possible to integrate DHL XML services with ecwid? I get better rates with DHL than FedEx. Appreciate your reply. Thanks
Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBug View Post
Hello, is it possible to integrate DHL XML services with ecwid? I get better rates with DHL than FedEx. Appreciate your reply. Thanks
Thank you very much for the message.

We are considering a technical opportunity to implement the DHL XML shipping method in Ecwid.

I'll keep you informed on the progress and immediately let you know about any results. It could take some time.

Wish you all the best!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:46 PM

Things have changed since this thread was started in 2012. DHL currently has the most competitive international rates and best service/tracking of all carriers imo. Setting up table-based rates is not at all practical, however if one (as I do) ships to many countries and many locations. DHL charges a "remote area surcharge" for many places and there's just no way to predict or enter those ahead of time. Carrier-calculated rates are a requirement. I've been happy with Ecwid so far, but this one could be a show-stopper; my customers are unhappy with USPS and if I can't integrate with DHL I may have to change stores.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 PM

DHL advises me that the DHL/Airborne service discussed in this thread years ago was a completely different service from their current Worldwide Express. Their latest integration toolkit can be found at

https://ratingportal.dhl-usa.com/sites/XMLPI/

Please integrate DHL Worldwide Express for carrier-calculated rates!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:24 PM

Can You Please Add DHL as a carrier. We also ship worldwide packages of different sizes and weights. There is no way we can manually enter the info.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey View Post
Can You Please Add DHL as a carrier. We also ship worldwide packages of different sizes and weights. There is no way we can manually enter the info.
Hello,

This is Tanya, Ecwid Customer Care team. By default Ecwid supports a number of shipping carriers, they are enumerated here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...hippingmethods

DHL is not supported by default, but fortunately Ecwid is quite a flexible solution and it can be customised to meet your needs. You can add DHL to your store via our API, here is our development documentation: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...hipping-method

Or if you like you can order our custom development service, you are welcome to request a quote here: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv
The Following User Says Thank You to Tara K For This Useful Post:
Erika Mariot (12-20-2016)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
dhl, shipping