The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:15 PM

Default Import Successful But Skipped All Rows?

Hi All,

My import says it works fine but it keeps saying this:

Skipped (empty name or SKU): 227

Any reason why? Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: csv Unit Master Stock List - Sheet1.csv (9.3 KB, 153 views)
Old 11-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit9 View Post
Hi All,

My import says it works fine but it keeps saying this:

Skipped (empty name or SKU): 227

Any reason why? Thanks in advance
Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Import tool in Ecwid allows uploading products from CSV files. This can be helpful if you need to add or update a lot of products at a time. The import tool can be found at Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > Import products.

I tried to import the products from the CSV file you provided. From this file I understand that you want to import this data: product SKU, Brand, Description, Quantity, Price. I used the relevant import settings as in screenshot:

Indeed, the import couldn’t be completed. Here are the results of the import process:

The problem is that the file doesn’t have ‘Name’ column: Ecwid will not import products without names. So if you don’t have Name option enabled in import settings window, that may be the reason why the products are not imported. For example, when I import the products from the same CSV file with ‘Name’ option selected (I used it instead of SKU), the import works correctly:

Here are the settings I used:

The other thing, I see you are currently on Ecwid Free plan for Wix. Please note, that this plan allows adding up to 10 products to the catalog. As I can see from your CSV file you are trying to import 227 products, which is more than your plan allows. Ecwid won’t allow to import this number of products, even though the import settings are defined correctly. I’d suggest you upgrade your plan to Wix Premium, which will allow you to have up to 2500 products. After you upgrade, other extra features will become available for you: priority support (chat and email), the ability to use discount coupons, marketplaces and more. You can get a detailed information on plan features here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...plan_n_pricing

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

:arrow_down: Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.