The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 AM

Quickbooks integration

My wife is starting an e-publisher in a couple months and I am taking on the task of developing her website (I'm using ASP.NET). Of all the cart systems I've researched Ecwid and 3dCart seem to have the best facebook integration with Ecwid winning out on price, ease of use and support.

Ultimately I want a cart system that can make sales directly from Facebook in addition to the website and push sales directly to an online accounting system (i.e. Quickbooks Online Edition).

After extensive research, in my mind the two most viable options are:

Foxycart w/ ShopTab providing the Facebook component, and ConsoliBYTE providing the pipeline to Quickbooks Online.

OR,

Ecwid with some custom programming to integrate w/ Quickbooks Online.

So here's my question to the Ecwid staff or anyone else who is knowledgable... I think with a lot more research I can come up with some ASP.NET code using qbXML to talk to Quickbooks Online. However, I'm unfamiliar with WebHooks... can they be used to trigger Ecwid sales to be pushed to the accounting system?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griffinb For This Useful Post:
Brad Weschler (12-27-2015), Jenny lee1 (03-27-2018)
Old 01-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

I was previously using Webgility eCommerceConnector with my other shopping cart and am already missing the automation!! So I am praying that Ecwid will be able to be supported by eCC in the NEAR future I don't know if eCC works with QB online or not.. go to www.webgility.com
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM

Mike, I already checked eCC and it currently does not support Quickbooks Online.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
So here's my question to the Ecwid staff or anyone else who is knowledgable... I think with a lot more research I can come up with some ASP.NET code using qbXML to talk to Quickbooks Online. However, I'm unfamiliar with WebHooks... can they be used to trigger Ecwid sales to be pushed to the accounting system?
WebHooks are not implemented yet. However we're planning to implement an API which will allow to get information about orders automatically.

If you want to create a tool which will integrate Ecwid and Quickbooks Online, please drop me a line and we will discuss this.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 PM

Default Quickbooks integration

Hi

I was wondering if it will be possible to connect my ecwid cart to Quickbooks using Atandra's T-HUB order manager or something similar?

I've used T-HUB in the past with Virtuamart and thought it was a great way to do order management, inventory and shipping label printing.

Thanks!

Last edited by Justin Myers; 05-09-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 AM

I think it is possible to use this software along with Ecwid. Though there is no realtime connector yet, the Ecwid's order data can be exported into CSV and then imported into QuickBooks as per here: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/HOW12247, so T-Hub should be able to process such orders. This means some amount of manual work regularly, but with the release of Ecwid Orders API it will also be possible to get the orders data automatically, and T-Hub might release a real time connector for that, so it will only be better with time.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
I think it is possible to use this software along with Ecwid. Though there is no realtime connector yet, the Ecwid's order data can be exported into CSV and then imported into QuickBooks as per here: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/HOW12247, so T-Hub should be able to process such orders. This means some amount of manual work regularly, but with the release of Ecwid Orders API it will also be possible to get the orders data automatically, and T-Hub might release a real time connector for that, so it will only be better with time.

That's what i'm really hoping for! At some point in the near future i will need full integration with quickbooks and shipping labels and I hope at that point there is a realtime connector for that.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 PM

Default QuickBooks Integration

Hi, Is there any new developments in the many shopping cart connections that are seamless with Quickbooks? Quickbooks tell me that the following are part of their integration--
Web stores including Homestead, Go Daddy, Web.com, UltraCart, IA Modules and PDG Software --seems like it would add value to your site to have one of these in your group as this would be more attractive--less vendors, less liklihood of problems. Thanks, Jill McGillen
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 AM

Any update on this? I am sure many Ecwid customers would love to synchronize their shopping cart transactions with Quickbooks. Go Daddy's Shopping Cart does interact with QB but, in my opinion, Ecwid would be the better choice if it did too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ALTEC For This Useful Post:
Frances Shaw (12-29-2012)
Old 10-17-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTEC View Post
Any update on this? I am sure many Ecwid customers would love to synchronize their shopping cart transactions with Quickbooks. Go Daddy's Shopping Cart does interact with QB but, in my opinion, Ecwid would be the better choice if it did too.
There is no ready-made Ecwid integration to Quickbooks yet. However, the WebHooks API, mentioned earlier in this thread, is already available under the name of Instant Order Notifications, so you can develop your own integration that suits your particular needs. Also there is an ongoing conversation in the comments for this idea that you might find useful: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ith-quickbooks

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
accounting, inventory, inventory tracking