The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Exclamation

need confirmation on the use of certain features - facebook app

Hello
I just installed the app and working my way around trying to learn it..
i just wanted to ask you if there's a way to integrate the following features:
1) having a facebook social plugin of a comment box and like button under every product

2) having a zoom for the images of the product

3)any discount options ,eg. share the product and get priced reduced to '$xx'. And also a way to display prices in this sort of way: 'previous price = 500, current price = 300, saving = 200 - limited time offer' .. something like that?

and lastly, i wanted to know how to put up the fangate, i saw the html option but i don't quite know HTML. so i was wondering if there's a way to keep the whole shop and it's look the same and just add a image as a fan gate that directs the customers to in order to view the shop?
thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM

And there's another thing i wanted to ask, i use regional pricing, meaning my products have two different pricings for two different regions. Is there anyway to incorporate that in my facebook shop?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM

sorry for my spamming ! but i was able to figure out few of the things i pointed above so wanted to list the problems still remaining: fangate issue, discounting feature (share and get discout), zoom for images and dual pricing (or dual shops). i hope i get advice on this soon.
thankyou!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagOut Clothing View Post
Hello
I just installed the app and working my way around trying to learn it..
i just wanted to ask you if there's a way to integrate the following features:
1) having a facebook social plugin of a comment box and like button under every product
You can enable Facebook comments in the control panel on the "System Settings - Social Tools" page.

Quote:
2) having a zoom for the images of the product
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/29133609/...e%20gallery%29

Quote:
3)any discount options ,eg. share the product and get priced reduced to '$xx'. And also a way to display prices in this sort of way: 'previous price = 500, current price = 300, saving = 200 - limited time offer' .. something like that?
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/54802595/Sale%20price
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/54816203/...ount%20pricing

Quote:
and lastly, i wanted to know how to put up the fangate, i saw the html option but i don't quite know HTML. so i was wondering if there's a way to keep the whole shop and it's look the same and just add a image as a fan gate that directs the customers to in order to view the shop?
thanks
Yes, it is possible. Do you have a image you want to show instead of your store?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagOut Clothing View Post
And there's another thing i wanted to ask, i use regional pricing, meaning my products have two different pricings for two different regions. Is there anyway to incorporate that in my facebook shop?
Ecwid doesn't have this feature yet, unfortunately. In this case it will be better to have two different Ecwid accounts: one per each region.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 AM

Thankyou Eugene!

The bulk pricing discount IS a feature that I like, but I was actually referring to something different, the kind of discount I posted in that image in the first post.

And yes I would like a different image, actually a poster that I had made which would ask the customers to 'like' in order to view the store.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:35 PM

hoping to hear back soon, thank you!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
The bulk pricing discount IS a feature that I like, but I was actually referring to something different, the kind of discount I posted in that image in the first post.
Do you mean the "like a product, get a discount" feature? Ecwid doesn't have such discount option yet, but we are planning to add it soon.

Quote:
And yes I would like a different image, actually a poster that I had made which would ask the customers to 'like' in order to view the store.
It can be implemented using the "Custom HTML code (advanced)" tab option.
However I think that if you require to "like" your page to view your store, it will affect your conversion rates a lot.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
It can be implemented using the "Custom HTML code (advanced)" tab option.
thank you, but i did see the custom html code feature, but as i wrote above, i dont quite know HTML. so i'm not exactly sure what i'm supposed to do there, like just write the image link to that html box or what? any tutorial out there for it? i dont want to mess up the look of the page currently while at it
Old 09-15-2012, 05:29 PM

my problem is, i don't know html. i can get a code written for the poster that's supposed to show before the page is liked, but please provide me the code to be written for the store to display exactly the way it does when automatically integrated into facebook.
please do reply soon, i've been waiting far too long to get this done.
thanks.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
facebook app, fangate, features