The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Thanks Eugene!

Tony found the same thing. I guess the JS script is disabled or something like that. I am going to try to get in touch with the designer to see if there is a way to enable it but I doubt I will be able to. I purchased this theme from one of those theme sites. The customer service is pretty limited.

I hope there is a way we can get this to work. My programmer for my other site took a look at it and mentioned maybe creating a simple html page with just the code of the AJAX shop and include it using iframe tag in the site. I am not sure if this is a possibility or not. Also how would that work with SEO? I know SEO is limited at this point but would this solution make it worse?

Again, Thanks!
Shawn
Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukus View Post
Thanks Eugene!

Tony found the same thing. I guess the JS script is disabled or something like that. I am going to try to get in touch with the designer to see if there is a way to enable it but I doubt I will be able to. I purchased this theme from one of those theme sites. The customer service is pretty limited.

I hope there is a way we can get this to work. My programmer for my other site took a look at it and mentioned maybe creating a simple html page with just the code of the AJAX shop and include it using iframe tag in the site. I am not sure if this is a possibility or not. Also how would that work with SEO? I know SEO is limited at this point but would this solution make it worse?

Again, Thanks!
Shawn
@Shawn
I explained about SEO and AJAX in my pm. As for iFrame:
1) Probably it will not work, because your theme will not support iframe as well (i would not be surprised)
2) Google can crawl iframes content, but the search results will show the path to your iframe source, not to your store page. Example, you have the following code on your http://rukusnrods.com/#!/store page:
Code:
<iframe src="http://rukusnrods.com/mystore.html" ...>
mystore.html contains the code of your Ecwid.

In this case, your store will be indexed at http://rukusnrods.com/mystore.html address in Google Search Results:
http://www.convonix.com/blog/search-...zation-google/

It might not work for you.
------------
The last thing about SEO is that Ecwid will support AJAX indexing soon, however as I wrote in pm, if your AJAX theme does not support the same technique, Ecwid in your WP will still not be crawlable.

[UPDATE]: Forgot to say that now Ecwid is also crawlable in your WP, however it uses different method for it. Anyway, the theme will not allow Ecwid to be crawled, because of theme's AJAX implementation.

Last edited by swift; 09-05-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Tony
Thanks for all you help. I have decided to take a loss on this theme. It is not worth the money and effort to put into it. I have been trying to get a refund for the theme but they will not issue one. They claim that their theme is built to the WP standards and CAN be indexed by Google and other search engines. They are wanting me to provide them proof showing differently. I even opened a dispute with Paypal to try and get the refund but without proof showing it cannot be indexed then I am SOL.

My dispute was with them disabling standard/expected features like JS scripts to be able to use other AJAX applications without mentioning it in the specifications. I think it should be disclosed up front. Oh well. Live and learn :-/

Again, Thanks

By the way, I would advise people to stay away from Template Monster!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
Tony
Thanks for all you help. I have decided to take a loss on this theme. It is not worth the money and effort to put into it. I have been trying to get a refund for the theme but they will not issue one. They claim that their theme is built to the WP standards and CAN be indexed by Google and other search engines. They are wanting me to provide them proof showing differently. I even opened a dispute with Paypal to try and get the refund but without proof showing it cannot be indexed then I am SOL.

My dispute was with them disabling standard/expected features like JS scripts to be able to use other AJAX applications without mentioning it in the specifications. I think it should be disclosed up front. Oh well. Live and learn :-/

Again, Thanks

By the way, I would advise people to stay away from Template Monster!
If you really need a proof that the theme cannot be crawled by Google, please create some dev version of your WP with this theme. I will run a quick test then and will provide you with results.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
wordpress theme