The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:32 AM

Exclamation

paypal checkout opens a small windows that automatically closes itself.

as from the title, at the checkout it opens a windows to go to checkout with paypal and the windows automatically closes, several clients reported to me that they could not complete the payment so i went and made a demo order and could see that indeed they were right!
please have a look and let me know if i need to fix some settings, it was working fine as of late 2017.

shop:
http://www.datrecords.it/dat/online-shop-2.html
storefront:
https://my.ecwid.com/store/92547
checkout page:
http://www.datrecords.it/dat/online-...!/~/checkoutPD
Old 03-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT Records View Post
as from the title, at the checkout it opens a windows to go to checkout with paypal and the windows automatically closes, several clients reported to me that they could not complete the payment so i went and made a demo order and could see that indeed they were right!
please have a look and let me know if i need to fix some settings, it was working fine as of late 2017.

shop:
http://www.datrecords.it/dat/online-shop-2.html
storefront:
https://my.ecwid.com/store/92547
checkout page:
http://www.datrecords.it/dat/online-...!/~/checkoutPD
Hi there!
It's Kenga from Ecwid Customer Care team.
Thanks for contacting us.

I’m very sorry to know that you faced the issue with the PayPal payment method! I was able to reproduce it on your website as well.

We have recently updated our integration with PayPal and moved to their newest API. It seems the PayPal popup window crashes because of the conflict with some 3rd-party libraries used on your site.

Our developers are already aware of the problem and in the process of fixing it up. Meanwhile, we are going to enable our old PayPal integration for your store, so that your customers could place orders and pay for them.

We will let you know when the issue is resolved!

If you need to make any other adjustments and you are not sure how to do it, feel free to write back. We'll be glad to help you further.

Ecwid team
Old 03-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Thank You, this is really helpful, I hope the problem can get solved so that my store can benefit of your newest paypal integration, but the old system worked very well for me, so even if a fix is not found, i can continue to use the older version
cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to DAT Records For This Useful Post:
Kenga Ecwid (03-09-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT Records View Post
Thank You, this is really helpful, I hope the problem can get solved so that my store can benefit of your newest paypal integration, but the old system worked very well for me, so even if a fix is not found, i can continue to use the older version
cheers!
Hi again!

Our developers fixed the issue with the PayPal payment method in your Ecwid Store. Now, the newest PayPal integration is reenabled for your Store.

Please, check how it works for you.

In case the issue persists, contact us again with the details.

If you need any further help, please feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

Ecwid team
Old 03-30-2018, 10:29 AM

Thanks, it looks like the window doesn't close itself anymore. But one more question, when I used to cancel an order, I remember the system would automatically refund the paypal transaction, and it seems this feature is not working anymore? I had to cancel an order that a customer made double by mistake and he now just informed me it wasn't refunded on paypal, so i will do that manually.

Just checking if this feature will be implemented again. Thanks
Old 04-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to hear that PayPal works fine now.

Regarding the status of the order, manually changing the status has never affected the transaction itself. In other words, changing the status of the order to Cancelled or Refunded doesn't refund the transaction to the customer. It's only for the visual purpose and helps you manage your orders.

On the other hand, it's worth to note that if the status changes automatically, it corresponds to the real payment status. For instance, when the status automatically changes to Paid in Ecwid, it means you received the money in your payment account.

The thing is, Ecwid offers a variety of payment methods. However, Ecwid is not involved in payments directly. We neither transfer money to you, nor do we receive it from customers. We rather provide a lot of different payment methods from third-party services (e.g., PayPal).

In other words, you connect your Ecwid store to a payment gateway (payment service) so that your customers can pay for the orders using it. When a customer pays for an order — we transfer the order data to the payment gateway, and the transaction is processed entirely on the payment service side.

As a result, if you want to apply any manual changes to the transactions, it should be done in the payment gateway account. In your case, it's the PayPal account. To cancel or refund the payments, you should do it in your payment account, and then change the status of the order in Ecwid.

The only exception is Ecwid payments powered by WePay. You can refund the payment processed via it in your Ecwid control panel directly.

To learn more about payment statutes in Ecwid, please refer to the following article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...#Paymentstatus

I hope this information is helpful.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout button, paypal