The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 AM

Stock Control in EcWid/Paypal Shop

Hello. I help maintain a website for an art center that offers classes to the local community. We offer a selection of classes for both children and adults, open to 10-12 participants as well as workshops which have more varied class sizes. Customers can pay in person with cash or check or have the option to register online with their credit card with the transactions going through Paypal.

Our latest website was built in Muse and is hosted through Adobe Business Catalyst.
It utilizes a shopping cart widget through Paypal that allows people to make purchases on-site and then check out with their credit card or their paypal account.

I have been looking into alternate builds for our storefront as our current widget doesn't allow us to control the amount of classes that can be purchases in total (or the stock). In doing my research, it seemed as though EcWid's Muse widget and Ecwid itself might allow for stock control and that we'd also be able to link our Paypal through EcWid so that we don't have to upend everything behind the scenes.

I'm hoping to find some people who have used the EcWid Muse widget and Ecwid itself in conjunction with Paypal and have some input? Even better if they've created website stores that required stock control and have experienced what EcWid is capable of. And would anyone be able to tell me if I could use EcWid to set a total stock of 10-12 (or whatever number depending on the class size), with price variance (we offer different price levels depending on membership and residence), that would then allow me to set up a store that could essentially run itself in terms of closing out when a class is "filled"/stock runs out.

Our current set-up requires a web tech to come in and alter the website (hide cart buttons, etc.) in order to make a class as "Closed" so that we don't get any further registrations for it and also hope they can make the changes before we get more sign-ups than the class can take (which is difficult during peak registration hours). It would be extremely ideal if the shop could maintain itself and that the cart buttons of classes that have been "filled"/all class spaces purchased would deactivate or otherwise not allow any additional customers to click them.

Can anyone offer some input on any of my questions? Thanks very much in advance.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the message. I'll be happy to help you.

In short, based on your description of the desired results, Ecwid suits your needs perfectly. Please, let me break it down into more details.

First of all, regarding the main question — inventory management. Ecwid has a feature that allows setting up individual stock for each item. When the item goes out-of-stock, your customers won't be able to purchase it, as the out-of-stock label will appear, the "Add to bag" and "Buy Now" buttons will be hidden.

Moreover, you can automatically hide the products from the storefront when they go out-of-stock

The inventory tracking feature is available on any Ecwid paid plans.

You can learn more about inventory management in the following article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ntory-Tracking

As for the PayPal payment option. We’ve got a lot of available payment options: we accept over 40 online payment gateways, including different PayPal payment methods, as well as various customizable offline payment methods.

You can use various online and offline payment getaways at the same time with only restrictions: the service should be suitable for your needs and be available in your region (including currencies acceptance). Check out our Help Centre page on payment options available in Ecwid: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207100429

Considering the integration with Muse websites. You can add your Ecwid store to a Muse website in a few clicks. The integration is simple as there's a plugin developed for simplifying the installation process. Please, refer to this article to find the setup instructions: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...445-Adobe-Muse

Speaking of price variance. Ecwid has a feature called “Product Options”. It allows you to customize your products using whatever options you want to. In our case, it’s totally possible to create options for the classes. You can find product options at Ecwid Control Panel -> Catalog -> Products -> Select a product and press an “Options” tab.

You are able to select different input types and add different price modifiers (absolute value or percentage). It will allow you to adjust the price of the course that way.

You can choose a default option, which will be chosen by default after the product is opened. You can make selecting an option a requirement, so customers won't be able to proceed to the checkout unless they select the option.

Please learn more about product options in our article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...roduct-Options

Furthermore, Ecwid provides a wide array of discount and promotion settings. You can find a detailed breakdown of Ecwid discount and promotion options in the following article in our Help Centre: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...nd-promotions-

And if you want to set up an advanced booking system for your classes. In our App Market, we have an app called “Easy Online Booking” that allows you to implement a booking system to your Ecwid store.

The app has advanced and comprehensive features when it comes to online booking. There are a lot of customization options where you can configure the booking system suitable for you and your business.

In addition to that, let me describe the Ecwid service in a bit more details. Ecwid is a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution. It means that your Ecwid Store and its data are processed, maintained and hosted on our servers. Also, Ecwid is delivered to you and your customers in the background by means of AJAX. As a result, it gives the possibility to add your shopping cart to different websites, blogs, social media pages at the same time. It allows us to take care of security, updates, and other technical stuff without you worrying about any of these. Also, this solution makes your store fast and easy-to-use for your customers.

If you want to learn more about Ecwid, please refer to these great articles for new users:
I hope this helps.

Please, let me know if you have any questions.
WAC Tech (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 11:59 PM

Thank you so much Edward. That is a huge help.

This definitely looks like it would be a good match for our Center and staff size.

I did want to ask if you happen to know whether either Paypal or Ecwid charges extra to link the accounts together as mentioned earlier? We are a non-profit organization and I'm unfortunately not one of the staff members that is too familiar with our restrictions, but it'd be good to know so I can let our staff person who handles that.

Either way, thank you again for all of this helpful information. I'll be passing it all on to the rest of the team working on this.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

My name is Alexandra; thank you for contacting Ecwid support! I sincerely apologize for keeping the radio silence here.

Quote:
I did want to ask if you happen to know whether either Paypal or Ecwid charges extra to link the accounts together as mentioned earlier?
There are no such charges; besides, we do not have any "hidden" fees applied to your sales, even if you are going to use Ecwid on the Free plan.

However, there are transaction fees imposed by the payment gateway of your choice (in this case, PayPal). I'd recommend you to contact PayPal support directly to learn more details about their transaction fees.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, muse, paypal