The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Hi, is it possible to integrate a custom menu links e.g. about us/news/etc into the Category menu widget so I can creating one menu or visa versa; use my list based custom menu to feature categories/products featured in the widget?

Thanks.

Rob

Apologies for the poor typing - did it in a rush. Basically I want to create a single menu that incorporates the categories... has anyone done anything similar?

Last edited by Maya; 06-12-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tyrrell View Post
Hi, is it possible to integrate a custom menu links e.g. about us/news/etc into the Category menu widget so I can creating one menu or visa versa; use my list based custom menu to feature categories/products featured in the widget?

Thanks.

Rob

Apologies for the poor typing - did it in a rush. Basically I want to create a single menu that incorporates the categories... has anyone done anything similar?
Yes, sure. It is totally possible.

I suggest you to use Ecwid categories menu widget as a main menu of your site. In order to do this, you will need to create several root categories in your store named like "About us", "News", "Store", "Contact us", etc. and place pages' contents inside category description fields. Root categories of your store should be moved into "Store" category. Once you do this, page's content will be store inside Ecwid and will be loaded via AJAX, like Ecwid store does.

Alternatively, you can create your custom menu for your site and integrate links to categories manually. As far as I can see, you have just to categories in your store and it should not be very difficult. Please, refer to this article for details how to get link to the particular category that should be used in site's menu: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947954/...0or%20category

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 PM

how can i create a menu for the categories in my facebook page store like the menu in this template.
http://journal.digital-atelier.com/1/

I sell stuff for men, women, kids and i have sub categories.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moataz mah View Post
how can i create a menu for the categories in my facebook page store like the menu in this template.
http://journal.digital-atelier.com/1/

I sell stuff for men, women, kids and i have sub categories.
Please, refer to this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20516#2
The Following User Says Thank You to Liza P For This Useful Post:
moataz mah (11-29-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 AM

Thank you it worked!

Last edited by Makfruit; 11-29-2013 at 06:59 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, custom, menu, products, widget