The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Custom Sign-In Link Work-Around

I needed a link for customers to sign into their wholesale account, on my home page. Because I do not have my ecwid store code on my home page, the sign-in link is also not on the home page.

See www.naturalworldingredients.com

Here is my work-around, it's not too difficult.
  • I created a new category, and named it Wholesale and Distributor Log-in.
    Opened a picture in Photoshop, and painted it completely white, and used it as the image picture, so that the stock photo of a camera wouldn't show up.
    Added the following text into the details box - Select the Sign-in link (above) to access or create your wholesale account
After saving this new "category", I used this help page - page here to create a page with the sole purpose of a customer log-in page on my website.

Finally, create a link on my homepage, to the newly created customer sign-in page.

One thing that would make this better, is to be able to make the sign-in link bigger, and move it below the "description" text, just on this page. I don't think that is possible without a ton of coding?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural World Ingredients View Post
I needed a link for customers to sign into their wholesale account, on my home page. Because I do not have my ecwid store code on my home page, the sign-in link is also not on the home page.

See www.naturalworldingredients.com

Here is my work-around, it's not too difficult.
  • I created a new category, and named it Wholesale and Distributor Log-in.
    Opened a picture in Photoshop, and painted it completely white, and used it as the image picture, so that the stock photo of a camera wouldn't show up.
    Added the following text into the details box - Select the Sign-in link (above) to access or create your wholesale account
After saving this new "category", I used this help page - page here to create a page with the sole purpose of a customer log-in page on my website.

Finally, create a link on my homepage, to the newly created customer sign-in page.

One thing that would make this better, is to be able to make the sign-in link bigger, and move it below the "description" text, just on this page. I don't think that is possible without a ton of coding?
Hi,

The first question I would like to ask in return: would you rather like your customers see the “Sign in” button on the home page?

If yes, then instead of creating the separate category and the button leading to it on your main page, why don’t you just create a “Sign in” button on your main page using the instruction here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...eate-a-custom-
Using the link given in the article you should be able to create a “Sign in” button on your homepage or put it anywhere you like on your website (even the pages which don’t have Ecwid on them).

Also there’s a way to make ALL the links in your Ecwid store bigger or smaller or change them in any way without a ton of coding or almost any coding at all.

In this case you would need to apply the following CSS rule to your currently active custom CSS theme (Ecwid Control Panel -> System Settings -> Design):

Code:
.ecwid a, .ecwid a:active, .ecwid a:visited {
  font: normal 20px tahoma, geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
  color: #2C01F4;
}
In this code you may adjust the font: and color: parameters any way you like and that will change the color of links and font style, size etc. And with the code I given it will become something like this:

However, I would suggest you a much easier way of achieving what you want which, as mentioned above, is in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...eate-a-custom-

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:23 PM

Hi, Thanks River.

I found that link (http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...eate-a-custom-), before, and I do not understand how to impliment it. I opened a chat with support, explaining what I wanted and they advised that creating an SOO would be my only option, and I'm just not technically savvy enough to accomplish that.

Back to the link that you pointed out - what would I put in place of "PATH-TO-STORE" I tried a few different things and couldn't get it to work.

Thanks again for your response!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural World Ingredients View Post
Hi, Thanks River.

I found that link (http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...eate-a-custom-), before, and I do not understand how to impliment it. I opened a chat with support, explaining what I wanted and they advised that creating an SOO would be my only option, and I'm just not technically savvy enough to accomplish that.

Back to the link that you pointed out - what would I put in place of "PATH-TO-STORE" I tried a few different things and couldn't get it to work.

Thanks again for your response!!!
Hi,

Sorry for keeping you waiting. In your particular case you will need to put another link on this button on your website:

The link in this case would be this: http://www.naturalworldingredients.c...ccountSettings
Just copy it and change the current button link by means of HTML (just go the same way you created this button and added the link to it).

If you do this, when the button is clicked, such form will open: http://take.ms/lf4c7

Hope, this helps you out. If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
custom, customer groups, log in