The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:47 PM

HTML Email

Hi,

I;ve noticed the HTML emails are now out.

Is there a live view mode to see your changes in motion instead of placing a order to see the email and just code view?

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your message!

At the moment the only way to see the message is placing a test order. We do understand that real time preview would be much more convenient, and we are working on it. We do not have ETA yet, but we will let you know as soon as this option is released.

Please also note that with the new HTML-notifications there is an option to receive a copy of customer notifications to the admin e-mail. To enable them please go to your Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Mail and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 AM

Okay, thanks.

I'll have to close off the store while I'll sort out the new emails.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:59 AM

The new HTML won't say the product name in the subject line anymore.

Is there a reason for this? The product name needs to be in the subject line. Otherwise I'll have to go back to plain HTML.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

The good thing with the new HTML-notifications is that you can change any part of them the way you need. It is done with the help of HTML-code and certain variables, whose values are inserted automatically in the message.

So, to add the names of the ordered products to the subject line you just need to put the corresponding variable <#list order.items as orderItem> ${orderItem.name} </#list> in the subject line of your HTML-template (see the screenshot: http://take.ms/gstW0).

The notifications can be edited in your Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Mail. The complete list of the variables for HTML-messages can be found here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...tion-variables

Help Center

Old 01-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Is there a way so it only shows one item name like it used to?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

It is absolutely possible to add just one product in the notification subject.

Please add the following variable in the subject line:
${order.items[0].name} (see the screenshot: http://take.ms/dWAaA)

If you state [0], the first product from the list will be added, it you wish to add the second product, state [1] in this field, the third product - [2].

Help Center

The Following User Says Thank You to Clara K For This Useful Post:
BN1_ (01-05-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Just to let you know that we have added the preview and sending test message for the new HTML-notifications.

Please go to your Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Mail, click "Edit" near the message you want to change. When you have modifed something, you can preview the template, send test email and save the changes (http://take.ms/dtFAc).

Thank you!

Help Center

Old 02-15-2015, 03:08 AM

Hi, i would like to know how to set "reply to: customer`s email" for the "new order placed" admin notification? I just migrated to html notification and this option does not work anymore. For the old notification, the reply to: customer`s email was done by default.

Now, when i click reply, in the TO: field appears: Ecwid <notifications@ecwid.com> no the customer`s email address.
Thank you
Old 02-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello!

Thanks a lot for contacting us!

Regarding the email address in the "reply to:" field, in the new HTML notifications it is set by default to the customer's email as well.

The situation when the Ecwid <notifications@ecwid.com> is shown in the "To" field when you click "Reply" appears in case when you click "Send test email" (your Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Mail, edit message template). This is just a test email so the Ecwid address is stated there.

I have placed a test order in your store and received a notification from your email address (please see the screenshot: http://take.ms/uU23i) and when I click "Reply" in the "To" field your email address appears (please see the screenshot: http://take.ms/V2CM0).

Please do not hesitate to contact us if further questions arise, we will be very glad to help you.

Thank you!

Help Center

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
email, html