The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:01 AM

Lightbulb

HTML editing in Product Description Page on iOS Devices

Hello,

Recently I have started using iOS devices more frequently for work-related purposes, and so it didn't take long before I noticed that there are still some things not functioning properly in Ecwid's Control Panel regarding the option to edit product descriptions in html mode.

First of all, there is the Ecwid iOS app, but the option to edit in html mode has been left out, so I'm forced to manage the CP using a mobile web browser instead.

By the way, I'm still using the old text editor for the sake of the consistency in html code implementation when switching back and forth from html mode (since the new text editor alters the html code automatically when switching between html mode and the regular text editor).

However, when tapping the html button in the wysiwyg menu bar, it opens the html code in an iframe but there is neither a 'save' nor 'close'/'cancel' button at the bottom of the iframe, which makes it impossible to save any changes. This works the same in Chrome, Safari, Firefox (for iOS).

Then I decided to enable the new product editor feature, and noticed that the html editor did not pop-up in an iframe, allowing one to save any changes by tapping the 'Save' button in the top right corner of the product description page.

However, the html editor shows only the first 4 or 5 rows of the entire page's code. Needless to say, this makes it very inconvenient to use the html editor when you want to add some html code at the bottom of the page, for you would then have to scroll/swipe down a tiny frame of about 4 or 5 rows in height. And to my surprise, it still only shows the first couple of rows when toggling into full screen mode, so there's no benefit at all in using the full screen option in html mode.

I can imagine this feature was designed for earlier iOS devices, and it probably works well on iPhones with smaller screen sizes compared to more recent iPhones with larger screens. I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Pro, but because Ecwid still hasn't sorted their compatibility yet with newer iOS devices, I'm forced to stick to using my OS X devices if I want to be able to edit product descriptions in html mode.

It would be great if you could improve this functionality in the near future.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
html, ios, product description, text editor