The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Webpartner

Product descriptions throughout the store are rendering HTML fine on the starter site located here: https://charlestonrobotics.ecwid.com/#

However, the widget running on the website is not rendering the HTML, visible under the Camps section here: http://charlestonrobotics.businessca...dex.html#camps

All I'm looking for is consistent paragraph spacing and a few bolded words to help with readability. While I typed the html initially, I've even tested this by removing all html and using only the Ecwid style editor and the result is the same. The starter site will render the HTML, the website will not.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Arthur Belostotsky; 10-19-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Robotics View Post
Product descriptions throughout the store are rendering HTML fine on the starter site located here: https://charlestonrobotics.ecwid.com/#

However, the widget running on the website is not rendering the HTML, visible under the Camps section here: http://charlestonrobotics.businessca...

All I'm looking for is consistent paragraph spacing and a few bolded words to help with readability. While I typed the html initially, I've even tested this by removing all html and using only the Ecwid style editor and the result is the same. The starter site will render the HTML, the website will not.

Any suggestions?
Hi,

Sorry for delay with reply.

Let me please note that on your website there are several CSS Themes. You should be aware that when you add Ecwid to a website, the CSS Themes of the website may also be applied to your store design. It took me quite long to find out which exactly codes were involved and here are the results.

First, as I see, you want to apply the font "Open Sans" for your description. I checked your store CSS Theme (Control panel > Settings > Design > CSS Themes > your active CSS Theme) and the name of the font is written incorrectly in this code:
Code:
.ecwid div, .ecwid span, .ecwid a, .ecwid p {
font-family: open-sans, sans-serif !important;
}
Please replace it with the following code:
[code].ecwid div, .ecwid span, .ecwid a, .ecwid p {
font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif !important;
}

Without these symbols ' ' the font is not applied. Please make sure that they are included everywhere in your CSS Themes where Open sans is mentioned.

The margins within the product description are omitted because the following rule from your "ModuleStyleSheets" CSS Theme is applied to Ecwid product descriptions:
Code:
body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,nav,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,code,form,fieldset,legend,input,button,textarea,p,blockquote,th,td,a
{
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	border-width: 0;
	-webkit-transform-origin: left top;
	-ms-transform-origin: left top;
	-o-transform-origin: left top;
	transform-origin: left top;
}
As you see, the margin here is set to "0", thus there are no margins in description. To add margins there, please remove the rule eith margin: 0; from this code.

Finally, the elements which are in bold on your Starter site are not in bold for the same reason: the styles of your website override Ecwid styles. I mean here the bold font of "Prerequisite" word. You can fix it by adding the following code to the CSS Theme of your Ecwid store:
Code:
html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .ecwid strong {
  font-weight: 600 !important;
}
If you need any further help, please feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Webpartner

Thank you so much! Had a little trouble locating the margin correction, as it was actually in a different stylesheet but once I located it, it works beautifully.

Looks great.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Robotics View Post
Thank you so much! Had a little trouble locating the margin correction, as it was actually in a different stylesheet but once I located it, it works beautifully.

Looks great.
Thank you for writing back.

I'm very glad to hear about the results from you and happy that I could help you.

Feel free to contact us if you need any other help, we'll be glad to help. Have a great weekend!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
html, product descriptions, starter site