The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.keen View Post
Hi River,
This has been very frustrating. I have attached a screen shot of the end of the 1st page and the start of the 2nd. The 2nd page is full of these amber squares and the top of the 3rd too. I have used the print invoice button as well as the see details and printed from that as well. Both produce the same 3 page results.
Many thanks for your help
http://www.hwgsshop.org.uk/
Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay with reply.

I have checked the screenshot and tried to reproduce the issue on our printer, but to no avail. The invoice is printed just the way it displays in the Ecwid Control Panel after you hit the "Print invoice" button.

As far as I can tell from looking at the preview of the invoice, Ecwid generates it normally. See the screenshot: http://take.ms/NBq7c

Could you please also try using another printer as a test to help us locate the issue?

Looking forward to your reply!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:59 AM

hi, I have printed a couple of invoices at work (I usually operate my shop from home). They print ok here albeit quite narrow (ie very wide margins)
Any suggestions?
cheers. Rod
Old 08-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
hi, I have printed a couple of invoices at work (I usually operate my shop from home). They print ok here albeit quite narrow (ie very wide margins)
Any suggestions?
cheers. Rod
Hello,

Sorry for the delay with reply.

I've been investigating the issue trying to print invoices with different printers. Yet, I was not able to reproduce neither the issue with squares nor wide margins. The invoices were printed as expected in every attempt.

I assume that there are some issues on the side of either browser or printer. Could you please describe which browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, etc.) you used while experiencing these printing issues and what 2 printers were those (brand)?

Old 08-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Hello,

Sorry for the delay with reply.
I've been investigating the issue trying to print invoices with different printers. Yet, I was not able to reproduce neither the issue with squares nor wide margins. The invoices were printed as expected in every attempt.
I assume that there are some issues on the side of either browser or printer. Could you please describe which browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, etc.) you used while experiencing these printing issues and what 2 printers were those (brand)?
hi River
OK the set ups...
At home I use Firefox v40.0.2. the printing "fails" on this. I have used Chrome V44.0.24 and it "works" I just dont like Chrome! The printer at home is a Dell 2130 colour laser with duplexer unit. I have full blown Adobe and Firefox/PDF fails too but Chrome/PDF is ok.
At work I have used IE11 and Chrome V44 with a Canon colour laser (dont remember the model but its a big multi tray A3/A4 office scanner/printer/fax) Seems to work ok with this. So it sounds like Firefox might be the issue?!
What best to do?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
hi River
OK the set ups...
At home I use Firefox v40.0.2. the printing "fails" on this. I have used Chrome V44.0.24 and it "works" I just dont like Chrome! The printer at home is a Dell 2130 colour laser with duplexer unit. I have full blown Adobe and Firefox/PDF fails too but Chrome/PDF is ok.
At work I have used IE11 and Chrome V44 with a Canon colour laser (dont remember the model but its a big multi tray A3/A4 office scanner/printer/fax) Seems to work ok with this. So it sounds like Firefox might be the issue?!
What best to do?
Hello,

I'm very sorry for the delay with response.

I was able to find some information in web about Firefox having issues with PDF printing. As you mentioned that Chrome prints the invoices alright, then it seems that the issue is on the Firefox side indeed. However, I have checked it in Firefox as well and was not able to reproduce the issue too.

Also, I found some possible workarounds for this which suggest installing side PDF-printing plugins to Firefox.

You may try "Print Edit", for example and see if it helps: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...it/?src=search

Old 11-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Hi there,

I think we can help you to solve your problem. We are running Printout Designer app on Ecwid that allows you to create and design custom templates (change format, translate, add images, QR codes, barcodes etc) using our simple drag and drop interface, so you don't need to mess with HTML and CSS. You can create invoices, packing slips, labels and more. I think that we can help you to streamline your document generation process and make it more efficient.

You can try out the app for free for 14 days: https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#apps...ntout-designer

If you have any questions please write us printoutdesigner@actualreports.com

All the best,
Tanel from Printout Designer
Old 11-11-2015, 03:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grip Power Pads Corp

Hi thank you for your update so we can use our Zebra Printer to print our invoices directly from ECWID ?
thank you
Mr Borukh
Old 11-11-2015, 05:12 PM

Printout Designer app allows you to create and download your custom invoices as PDF file and use your PDF reader to print the invoices. The PDF output will give a much more accurate results with label printers as we have seen that the direct print from browser can mess up layouts. You can install the app for free and if you need help setting up your templates then please let us know by clicking "Need help" button in the app or email us printoutdesigner@actualreports.com

All the best,
Tanel from Printout Designer

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
invoice