View Poll Results: Is your Joomla/Ecwid Store invisible in Google?
Yes, I had this issue but it is resolved (please reply with solved thread link or details) 1 20.00%
Yes, I have had this same issue, and its unresolved 3 60.00%
No, I have not had this issue with a Joomla/Ecwid Store, I'm indexed fine. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 PM

Exclamation

Invisible to Google and Bing
Hello Ecwidians!
Store ID: 2074067
http://modelrollercoasterhq.com
I have moved/relaunched from Joomla 1.1/VirtueMart to Joomla 2.5x/Ecwid about 5 weeks ago. The previous cart was about 5 years old, with REALLY good indexing and organic results for almost all products. Page one in many cases, very niche and rare collectible offerings, some ONLY available and unique to his store, offered ONLY by my client, etc, etc.

However, it appears now that the entire store is almost invisible to Google and Bing, but not for Yahoo (Which represents <3% of organic traffic)

Important Configuration Details:
-I have enabled Inline HTML catalog using the RokEcwid module.

-I have set to "Yes: the Inline HTML catalog for all 3 ecwid shop cart menu items using com_rokecwid, and have set component to "Default Layout".

-I have submitted a sitemap to Google (using JSitemap Pro within Joomla) by way of Webmaster Tools. Google/WMT confirms most of the sitemap has been indexed. I understand that you have made AJAX/Ecwid crawlable, and because of how Java/AJAX/Ecwid works, I would assume thats why the sitemap is not as complete (183 links) as the store itself, nearly 800 links/products. Would the sitemap conflict with/override the indexing created by inline HTML catalog?

-I query multiple products/categories using "site:modelrollercoasterhq.com/{plus specific product or category page here}
Example:
site:modelrollercoasterhq.com/index.php/mrchq-shop-main/shop-by-brand#!/~/category/id=6154096&offset=0&sort=normal"

With Google or Bing, this returns "Did not match any documents…",
...but I DO get results in Yahoo.

-I disable Java in browsers, and I can see the inline HTML catalog. (As an aside NO add to cart buttons or way to checkout without Java, but this is probably expected, not too concerning…is it?)

-Robots.txt is set to "Index, Follow" for all but the protected Joomla admin core directories, checked this with Webmaster Tools.

I am happy to IM/PM you login creds if required to help troubleshoot this issue. As we go into the Xmas season, it is SO important to have our indexing back…I appreciate any help that is available, before I loose this client. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, Mark Talbot, webmaster on behalf of Andrew Fitz, store owner.

Last edited by Makfruit; 09-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM

Hmm, after reading your post I try to search my products in ecwid shop and get same results like you, 0 in google for my products. Because I have forum, galery and joomla portal and when I advertise my products I also write articles, threads in forum/joomla and upload images of products in gallery so google give me results for those item (galery, joomla, forum) but 0 for shop products?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

First of all, I'd highly recommend installing our latest plugin for Joomla, because it includes many SEO improvements. As far as I can see both of you use the outdated version currently. Please refer to this thread for the details about the new RokEcwid version:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17381

After installing the new version, please let me know - I will check your sites.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Andrew Fitz (11-05-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Hey Mak, thanks for your response -

Quote:
First of all, I'd highly recommend installing our latest plugin for Joomla,
The link you provided via your GitHub download "appears" to be for an older version 1.3 than what I have installed, 2.01. (Which I obtained from the Rockettheme.com Website, it is an RT extension...)
Your installer name: RokEcwid_1.3_for_Joomla1.7_and_1.6_and_1.5.zip
My Installer Name: ecwid-joomla-plugin-rokecwid_j16_j25.zip

However, when I unzip the installers for each and compare some of the PHP installer files, they appear to all have identical modification dates: 28.05.13. I did not do a thorough KDiff comparison, but it all looks identical thus far...

So before I go in and overwrite anything on the site with a duplicate extension/component, I need to know that what you are pointing me to is, in fact, the VERY most recent plugin. If not, please verify that what I have, downloaded in this link you see here,
http://www.rockettheme.com/extension.../3471-rokecwid
is actually up-to-date...

I think we need to move on to plan B.
Thanks _Mark
Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fitz View Post
Hey Mak, thanks for your response -

The link you provided via your GitHub download "appears" to be for an older version 1.3 than what I have installed, 2.01. (Which I obtained from the Rockettheme.com Website, it is an RT extension...)
Your installer name: RokEcwid_1.3_for_Joomla1.7_and_1.6_and_1.5.zip
My Installer Name: ecwid-joomla-plugin-rokecwid_j16_j25.zip

However, when I unzip the installers for each and compare some of the PHP installer files, they appear to all have identical modification dates: 28.05.13. I did not do a thorough KDiff comparison, but it all looks identical thus far...

So before I go in and overwrite anything on the site with a duplicate extension/component, I need to know that what you are pointing me to is, in fact, the VERY most recent plugin. If not, please verify that what I have, downloaded in this link you see here,
http://www.rockettheme.com/extension.../3471-rokecwid
is actually up-to-date...

I think we need to move on to plan B.
Thanks _Mark
Hi Mark,

Thank you for pointing this out.

The version I referred to is the latest one, it contains the most recent changes, bug fixes and improvements. It is also listed here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...grations/10720

As to the Rockettheme's plugin page, it seems like it is outdated.

So, again, please find and download the latest version here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/Joomla#Installation

One of the most noticeable changes in the last version is that there is no more Inline SEO catalog option, since it's not necessary with the new plugin. So, you will likely see the difference in your Joomla admin backend when you install the new version.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 09-10-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Elegance Reef (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Hello Makfruit
I just updated my rockecwid plugin, can you check is ok now?
I install this version http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/Joomla for joomla 2.5 , hopefuly this one is newest updated verion?
BTW thank you for your information, is very apreciated

I asume google will not start indexing my ecwid right now, it will need some time to my products apear in google?

is there someconfiguration I need to adjust in new updated ecwid plugin to get better seo? And where to made that, I just open my ecwid component in joomla administration and see only basic configuration like store id, default search view, no seo or anything similar,I probably look in wrong place?
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance Reef View Post
Hello Makfruit
I just updated my rockecwid plugin, can you check is ok now?
I install this version http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/Joomla for joomla 2.5 , hopefuly this one is newest updated verion?
BTW thank you for your information, is very apreciated

I asume google will not start indexing my ecwid right now, it will need some time to my products apear in google?
Hi,

I've inspected your store. The new plugin works fine - all your product pages are now visible for Google so it will likely index them soon. It usually takes some time for search engines to re-index any site though. See also: How long does it take for Google to index my store?

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Elegance Reef (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 PM

Thanks Makfriut - I will go in and update (and make an Akeeba backup first!)
So, is the Joomla Extensions Forum THE definitive place to get the latest RocEcwid?

I will inform you of progress and close this thread as soon as its (hopefully) solved.

Last edited by Makfruit; 09-12-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 PM

As constructive feedback, any chance you could talk with the devs and website content manager to provide clearer version taxonomy in the filename for the RokEcwid extension? Its just good policy in general, and makes for fewer support questions and confusion, as I encountered. Thanks for hearing this in the positive spirit intended. _M
Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 PM

Default Plugin Upgraded

Hello MakFruit - I have installed the latest Ecwid plugin for Joomla 2.5 as instructed. Although extensions manager now says I have version 1.4, whereas I used to have version 2.01 installed. Should I be concerned? See previous comment on the rather confusing/contradictory version naming issue for this plugin. Please check my site as soon as poss. http://modelrollercoasterhq.com

I do know it could take days for Google to get indexing up-to date. Please also review my original post, specifically about sitemap and possible conflicts with the crawl. Thanks for your help. _Mark

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.