The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:21 PM

bulk import products with product variation (variants)

Hello, We are a reseller.

We manually create stores for our customers. They have a lot of products in another website we do have access to.

Our intention is to bulk upload all products for each of the stores, these products all have variations of variants with different sku, stock and price values for each variation. So CSV file upload is not an option for us, it's too limited, product options won't work.

We've seen that v3 of REST API allow us to do so but we don't really want to create an app as this will be only used for our reseller team internally to set up stores with ecwid.

The question is: Is there a way we can use v3 api without creating an app? Would it be possible to authenticate requests under the hood or like in V1 providing we have access to Order, Single Sign-on, and Product API secret keys for each store?

I've not found anything in the legacy documentation suggesting we can create/update product variations with V1. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.

Last edited by Casey Solomon; 05-18-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Solomon View Post
Hello, We are a reseller.

We manually create stores for our customers. They have a lot of products in another website we do have access to.

Our intention is to bulk upload all products for each of the stores, these products all have variations of variants with different sku, stock and price values for each variation. So CSV file upload is not an option for us, it's too limited, product options won't work.

We've seen that v3 of REST API allow us to do so but we don't really want to create an app as this will be only used for our reseller team internally to set up stores with ecwid.

The question is: Is there a way we can use v3 api without creating an app? Would it be possible to authenticate requests under the hood or like in V1 providing we have access to Order, Single Sign-on, and Product API secret keys for each store?

I've not found anything in the legacy documentation suggesting we can create/update product variations with V1. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.
Hi Casey,

Thank you for contacting us.

Ecwid's latest API works on the principles of oAuth and REST. Earlier, to access the legacy Ecwid API, user had to copy and paste some access keys that they had to find in Ecwid Control Panel. However, with new oAuth system we made it secure and simpler for them to use and install custom solutions or apps to their stores.

To use the latest Ecwid API, anyone is required to register an application through this form and if everything is okay the access keys to the app will be sent to you within two business days (in most cases on the same day).

Creating the application doesn't automatically make it visible to everyone. I feel that it will be a simpler task for you and your reseller team to go ahead and install the app in a few clicks in each store and perform the set up for products in your clients' stores.

Our website for developers: https://developers.ecwid.com/
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
bulk uploads, product combinations, reseller, variants