The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:27 AM

Arrow

How do I get UPS standard to show up when it is enabled?

I have UPS second day air, UPS Ground, and UPS standard checked. The standard does not show up on my store. How do I fix this?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Ecwid Team

In case of carrier-calculated methods, Ecwid does not calculate a shipping rate itself. It sends a specially formed request with product parameters to the UPS API, gets a response and shows the received results to a customer.

We confirm, for some reason UPS does not return the "UPS Standard" rates upon requests from your store. We have used the request parameters in the UPS online calculator:

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc?loc=en_U...fyClicked=true

It does not return the "UPS Standard" rates either. We suggest that you contact the UPS Customer Service in order to resolve the question.

Please let us know if according to the UPS Customer Service response we need to update the query for the UPS API in order to get the "UPS Standard" rates.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM

Default Standard Shipping

I have contacted UPS and this is what they had to say.

Dear Virginia,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am sorry for the difficulty you are having with your shopping cart.

UPS provides the information required by a developer to create an application that can interface with our systems and gather data. The end user applications, such as the UPS components of your shopping cart, are completely the service provider's creation. For this reason, you may need to contact your provider for assistance with this issue.

Please know that UPS Standard service is available for shipments originating in the U.S. destined for Canada and, by contract to Mexico.
To further assist you, please reply to this email with the following information:

1. Your complete XML request and response files associated with the issue. If you are using Web Services, be sure to include the SOAP envelope and the SOAP security header.

Note: Please place the request and reply into a single ZIP file and add this ZIP file as an attachment to your reply. Simply copying the code into an email makes it unusable for troubleshooting.

2. The URL you are using to post your requests.

You may need to contact your web developer or vendor to obtain this information.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to address your issue in the most efficient manner.

Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.

Deborah E.
UPS Technical Support

Access API support materials and share best practices and programming tips. Visit the UPS Developer Kit Community at http://developerkitcommunity.ups.com.

The information provided by United Parcel Service (UPS) technical support is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. UPS disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall United Parcel Service, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if United Parcel Service or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.

So I am not sure what I am to do now. I am told by UPS to contact you guys and you to contact them. So now what?

Virginia.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Wilson View Post
I have contacted UPS and this is what they had to say.

Dear Virginia,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am sorry for the difficulty you are having with your shopping cart.

UPS provides the information required by a developer to create an application that can interface with our systems and gather data. The end user applications, such as the UPS components of your shopping cart, are completely the service provider's creation. For this reason, you may need to contact your provider for assistance with this issue.

Please know that UPS Standard service is available for shipments originating in the U.S. destined for Canada and, by contract to Mexico.
To further assist you, please reply to this email with the following information:

1. Your complete XML request and response files associated with the issue. If you are using Web Services, be sure to include the SOAP envelope and the SOAP security header.

Note: Please place the request and reply into a single ZIP file and add this ZIP file as an attachment to your reply. Simply copying the code into an email makes it unusable for troubleshooting.

2. The URL you are using to post your requests.

You may need to contact your web developer or vendor to obtain this information.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to address your issue in the most efficient manner.

Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.

Deborah E.
UPS Technical Support

Access API support materials and share best practices and programming tips. Visit the UPS Developer Kit Community at http://developerkitcommunity.ups.com.

The information provided by United Parcel Service (UPS) technical support is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. UPS disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall United Parcel Service, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if United Parcel Service or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.

So I am not sure what I am to do now. I am told by UPS to contact you guys and you to contact them. So now what?

Virginia.
This reply simply means, that the UPS Standard only appears if you try to send a package from US to specific countries:
Quote:
UPS Standard service is available for shipments originating in the U.S. destined for Canada and, by contract to Mexico.
So, your origin address (Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Shipping → Origin Address) should be in US - and it currently is - and your customer's address should be within those countries.

What address did you try (a least what was the postal code and state/province)?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:37 PM

I have US, Kansas as my orgin address. It still is not showing up.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I can perfectly see you US based origin address, and I stated that in my previous reply. What destination address do you try to use, what is the shipping address for your test order? Did you try to use Canada-based shipping addresses in your test orders?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Please, try this as a shipping address in a test order:

State: Quebec
City: Montreal
Zipcode: H3T 1J4

That's quite enough to see that UPS Standard perfectly shows up:

So, your shop is fine and UPS Standard shipping method appears for the valid destinations.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 05-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM

why does standard show up if you put Canada but not USA?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
why does standard show up if you put Canada but not USA?
Let me quote the reply from UPS support once more:
Quote:
UPS Standard service is available for shipments originating in the U.S. destined for Canada
Unfortunately, I can't tell the exact reasons why UPS decided to do exactly so, but that's what they state, and if we just use the addresses, where that service is delivering, it works.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
mistress, ups shipping, ups standard