The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Our company's site is built using GoDaddy's Website Builder. (Not by choice.) It's very simplistic, so my options are limited. I can add html code, but that's about it.

Anyway, when customers scroll down and click a button or link low on the page, the next page stays in that position. I need the page to go to the top.

I know this is because our main site isn't recognizing that it needs to refresh and move up.

Example: During payment, they add their address, etc. and when they click continue, they end up so low on the page that they don't see anything on the next page and don't know to scroll up to see it.

I tried adding a script that I found via Google, but the page wouldn't load at all.

Is there a simple way to do this? I am not the greatest with code. Maybe I'm missing an option in the CP?

Thanks!

By the way, our site is http://www.delahuntys.com/online-store.html

As I'm reading further, it seems that there IS an auto scroll normally - but it's not working on our cart??

I tried this but to no avail.
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...croll-position

Last edited by ginger; 04-17-2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-17-2015, 10:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanisco View Post
Our company's site is built using GoDaddy's Website Builder. (Not by choice.) It's very simplistic, so my options are limited. I can add html code, but that's about it.

Anyway, when customers scroll down and click a button or link low on the page, the next page stays in that position. I need the page to go to the top.

I know this is because our main site isn't recognizing that it needs to refresh and move up.

Example: During payment, they add their address, etc. and when they click continue, they end up so low on the page that they don't see anything on the next page and don't know to scroll up to see it.

I tried adding a script that I found via Google, but the page wouldn't load at all.

Is there a simple way to do this? I am not the greatest with code. Maybe I'm missing an option in the CP?

Thanks!

By the way, our site is http://www.delahuntys.com/online-store.html

As I'm reading further, it seems that there IS an auto scroll normally - but it's not working on our cart??

I tried this but to no avail.
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...croll-position
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We will need to inspect your site thoroughly to find out what causes this behaviour. We will investigate the issue and get back to you with the solution as soon as possible.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

I am sorry for such a long delay with the reply.

I have inspected your site thoroughly. I saved it to my computer locally and tried to find the elements that influenced the scroll. I removed the site code line by line from the local copy, to find the part of the code that causes this behaviour. However I did not find the exact element.

I have now reported the issue to our engineers so that they checked your site in more detail. As soon as they find out what causes this I will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

I am happy to inform you that the issue with scrolling on your site has been resolved. Please, check your store and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.