The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg's Avatar
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Default

Adding Tax


Hi,

I have a couple of hundred products listed with tax included in the total price, however now I want to show the tax portion of the price, but when I add the tax zones and options it adds tax on top of the prices which already includes taxes.

Is there a way to add ex tax onto existing prices?
  #2  
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Lanna's Avatar
Lanna Lanna is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstice Day Spa Joburg View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of hundred products listed with tax included in the total price, however now I want to show the tax portion of the price, but when I add the tax zones and options it adds tax on top of the prices which already includes taxes.

Is there a way to add ex tax onto existing prices?
Hi,

If you want to include the sales taxes into the product prices, you should enable option "Include tax in product prices" for the tax in System Settings -> Tax page in your Ecwid control panel.
The price on the product details page will be appended by:
This price includes taxes:
[tax title] [tax amount]


You can remove this line by disabling option "Show included taxes on product details page" in the tax settings. In this case the prices will include the tax rate but it won't be shown on the product details page.
The tax amount will be displayed to the customers on the shopping bag page in a separate line.
__________________
Lana W.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
  #3  
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg's Avatar
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg Soulstice Day Spa Joburg is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Default

Hi Lana,

I have tried that, but in doing so, it adds the 14% tax ON TOP of the existing price. So for eg a product was R100, now it is showing R114 total with R14 Tax.

It SHOULD show Product R86 + R14 Tax, total price R100.

If I can't work this out somehow then I have to manually re-do all the prices :-/
  #4  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstice Day Spa Joburg View Post
Hi Lana,

I have tried that, but in doing so, it adds the 14% tax ON TOP of the existing price. So for eg a product was R100, now it is showing R114 total with R14 Tax.

It SHOULD show Product R86 + R14 Tax, total price R100.

If I can't work this out somehow then I have to manually re-do all the prices :-/
The product prices in Ecwid are tax-exclusive - i.e. they should be set as if there was no tax in them and the tax is to be added later.

You don't have to re-do prices manually - try this approach http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/...toreinmassnbsp
  #5  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg's Avatar
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg Soulstice Day Spa Joburg is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Default

Thanx Eugene, the problem with that approach is that we have many options assigned to each product, so exporting to CSV, updating and then importing back into Ecwid won't work?
  #6  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstice Day Spa Joburg View Post
Thanx Eugene, the problem with that approach is that we have many options assigned to each product, so exporting to CSV, updating and then importing back into Ecwid won't work?
It will work.

The product options won't be affected anyhow by import because the products will be updated (not replaced). In order to do so, please make sure you uncheck the 'Delete all products/categories before import' checkbox at the bottom of the import settings window in Ecwid.

If you are not sure how this all work, you can simply export one product, change its price and import it back into Ecwid. Then, after you become more familiar with the import/export tools, you can update all your products in mass the same way.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #7  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg's Avatar
Soulstice Day Spa Joburg Soulstice Day Spa Joburg is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Default

Excellent I didn't it would update instead of overwrite, that makes things SO much easier. Thank you.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.