The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 AM

Adding Tax

Hi,

I have a couple of hundred products listed with tax included in the total price, however now I want to show the tax portion of the price, but when I add the tax zones and options it adds tax on top of the prices which already includes taxes.

Is there a way to add ex tax onto existing prices?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstice Day Spa Joburg View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of hundred products listed with tax included in the total price, however now I want to show the tax portion of the price, but when I add the tax zones and options it adds tax on top of the prices which already includes taxes.

Is there a way to add ex tax onto existing prices?
Hi,

If you want to include the sales taxes into the product prices, you should enable option "Include tax in product prices" for the tax in System Settings -> Tax page in your Ecwid control panel.
The price on the product details page will be appended by:
This price includes taxes:
[tax title] [tax amount]

You can remove this line by disabling option "Show included taxes on product details page" in the tax settings. In this case the prices will include the tax rate but it won't be shown on the product details page.
The tax amount will be displayed to the customers on the shopping bag page in a separate line.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM

Hi Lana,

I have tried that, but in doing so, it adds the 14% tax ON TOP of the existing price. So for eg a product was R100, now it is showing R114 total with R14 Tax.

It SHOULD show Product R86 + R14 Tax, total price R100.

If I can't work this out somehow then I have to manually re-do all the prices :-/
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Hi Lana,

I have tried that, but in doing so, it adds the 14% tax ON TOP of the existing price. So for eg a product was R100, now it is showing R114 total with R14 Tax.

It SHOULD show Product R86 + R14 Tax, total price R100.

If I can't work this out somehow then I have to manually re-do all the prices :-/
The product prices in Ecwid are tax-exclusive - i.e. they should be set as if there was no tax in them and the tax is to be added later.

You don't have to re-do prices manually - try this approach http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/...toreinmassnbsp
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM

Thanx Eugene, the problem with that approach is that we have many options assigned to each product, so exporting to CSV, updating and then importing back into Ecwid won't work?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanx Eugene, the problem with that approach is that we have many options assigned to each product, so exporting to CSV, updating and then importing back into Ecwid won't work?
It will work.

The product options won't be affected anyhow by import because the products will be updated (not replaced). In order to do so, please make sure you uncheck the 'Delete all products/categories before import' checkbox at the bottom of the import settings window in Ecwid.

If you are not sure how this all work, you can simply export one product, change its price and import it back into Ecwid. Then, after you become more familiar with the import/export tools, you can update all your products in mass the same way.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM

Excellent I didn't it would update instead of overwrite, that makes things SO much easier. Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.