Originally Posted by Jec Ballou
Since the update to 4.7 the store loads very slowly, like 10 seconds before it loads. What could be the issue?
My site is jecballou.com
I've examined your store. It is added to WordPress.org website and you are not using our plugin. May I ask why? The plugin makes the store installation simple and gives you a range of advantages like in-built control panel within WP admin panel, Chameleon skin, widgets, etc.
To install the store using the plugin, follow the instructions from here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/...e-#installation
That might improve the loading speed as well.
I've checked your current website and the loading takes about 3-4 seconds on my side, which is quite a good speed for the store added to a website. Let's see why it takes so long from your side. Please provide us with the following details for further troubleshooting:
– How fast does your Starter site load for you: https://store1099108.ecwid.com/
– Which web browser do you use? Please, try to load your store in another web browser.
– Try to turn off all extensions/plugins in your web browser. Does the speed improve?
– What operating system are you using (Windows, Mac or mobile devices)?
– Try to open the store from another computer that is linked to another internet provider. It will indicate if the problem is within the internet provider.
– Send us a HAR file. See instructions how to record it here http://help.tenderapp.com/kb/troubl...ing-an-har-file
This file will show us how long different website elements load.
Hope to hear the results from you.