The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:37 AM

Using ecwid to charge for site access?

I'm looking to use ecwid to charge for access to a site (i.e., NOT products, but for site access).

In other words, I'm building an annual subscription model to an information service, where "subscribers" would pay $XXX per year to access the site.

The subscriber would pay an annual fee, and would be issued a username/password to access the site. Access to the site would expire after 366 days, and the user would no longer have access to the site (unless they renewed their subscription).

Has anyone used ecwid for similar subscription-based models?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:49 AM

I don't think this is an option with ecwid....... but this may be useful for you:
Depending on what system you use (wordpress, Joomla!) you can implement this with a "members plugin".

https://www.paypal.com/pdn-recurring
Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 PM

I can see at least 2 solutions for you:

1) Handle each order manually, creating access accounts for the newcoming orders (or prolongating the access time for existing once).

2) Handle these orders automatically with a custom written script that reacts on Instant Order Notifications from Ecwid and gathering the order information with a request to Order API, then creates an access account or prolongs the access period for an existing one based on the information supplied by customer in each order. The access to these APIs require a Silver plan subscription.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
subscribers, subscription