The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2011, 02:25 PM
a.belinskiy's Avatar
a.belinskiy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

How to skip order details page on checkout?


We have a single product e-book store. If customer likes he is supposed just to press a "buy" button and go staight to a payment gateway. No shopping cart, no details needed. It should be as simle as possible. I can't find a way how to skip shopping cart and order details steps. Please advise
  #2  
Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is online now
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.belinskiy View Post
We have a single product e-book store. If customer likes he is supposed just to press a "buy" button and go staight to a payment gateway. No shopping cart, no details needed. It should be as simle as possible. I can't find a way how to skip shopping cart and order details steps. Please advise
The nature of the buying process in Ecwid is based on our long experience and the experience of our clients. It definitely meets the requirements of vast majority of merchants. Each step in this process is important:
The cart page lets a customer see and edit what exactly and in what amount he is buying. It also gives customers an opportunity to see the estimated cost of his order including shipping and taxes before they decide to pay.
The shipping details page is an interface for a customer to get the exact shipping charges for an order and select an appropriate delivery option.
The payment details page allows a customer to select desired payment option and provide their billing details. Billing address is required by the most of the payment gateways, so the 'Payment details' checkout step cannot be skipped.
Finally, after the payment (either within the Ecwid or in an online payment system), a customer sees the order confirmation page, which lets him know that an order is placed. A customer can also see the order details and print invoice there (most customers prefer to have such an ability for making sure that all has been done correctly).

So we think it is the correct way. On the other hand, Ecwid surely allows to tweak the checkout process in your store in different ways, you can manage the corresponding settings in Ecwid control panel (System settings → General → Cart). For example, you can make it mandatory or optional for your customers to create an account at the checkout or to provide a phone number. Moreover, a new feature is being added soon, it will allows to customize checkout fields in Ecwid in more convenient way.

I also can suggest a few things that can simplify the checkout process in your case.
1. Use the payment option in Ecwid which doesn't ask for a customer address on the store's site: Paypal Express checkout. Ecwid still requires the billing info, but a customer enters it on payment gateway site.

2. Hide the optional 'Password' block at the 'Payment details' step of the checkout.
Please refer to this thread for the information of how to do it:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1563

3. Hide the 'Sign in' link in the store.
This article in our database describes how to do it:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853285/...ign-In%22-link

4. Redirect a customer instantly to the 'Checkout' page after a product is added to the cart(skip the cart page).
In order to do it you will need to use a special JavaScript code which will use the Ecwid Javascript API for handling the Ecwid 'OnPageLoad' event. The code looks like this:
Code:
<script>
if (                                                                                                                 
  typeof(Ecwid) == 'object'                                                                                          
  && typeof(Ecwid.OnPageLoad) == 'object'                                                                            
) {                                                                                                                  
  Ecwid.OnPageLoad.add(function(page) {                                                                              
    // Redirect user if needed                                                                                       
    if (                                                                                                             
      typeof(page) == 'object'                                                                                       
      && 'CART' == page.type                                                                                         
    ) {                                                                                                              
      window.location.hash = 'ecwid:mode=checkoutPD';                                                                
    }                                                                                                                
  });                                                                                                                
}
</script>
Please notice, that the code above should be inserted after the Ecwid integration code on the page where your store is installed.
The line "window.location.hash = 'ecwid:mode=checkoutPD'" will be executed (a visitor will be redirected) right after the cart page is loaded. This way the cart step will be skipped. However you should keep in mind that this way a customer will not be able to change or clear the cart contents or to enter a discount coupon since those are available only on the cart page.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 09-10-2013 at 06:22 PM.
  #3  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
a.belinskiy's Avatar
a.belinskiy a.belinskiy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

It's helpful indeed. Thanks!
  #4  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Melanie Wadham2's Avatar
Melanie Wadham2 Melanie Wadham2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Question Single Product Widget to lead customer direct to checkout?

Is it possible to use the Single Product widget to send the customer directly to checkout rather than adding the product to their shopping cart?

Cheers
Meg
  #5  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is online now
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Wadham2 View Post
Is it possible to use the Single Product widget to send the customer directly to checkout rather than adding the product to their shopping cart?

Cheers
Meg
Hi Meg,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...2284#post42284
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #6  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
charlessantiagoforklang's Avatar
charlessantiagoforklang charlessantiagoforklang is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Default

hi makfruit,

thanks for the real helpful post.

however, i can't seem to get suggestion no. 4 on the auto direct to checkout to work. I've pasted the code after the single product code block. Would be great if you could clarify if I am doing it correctly or do i need to do something with the API thing?

thanks
  #7  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 PM
charlessantiagoforklang's Avatar
charlessantiagoforklang charlessantiagoforklang is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Default

sorry for the bad question, i found the solution, i.e. that under the options--> cart, there's an option to "open cart after add to bag" is selected. it is now solved. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to charlessantiagoforklang For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (03-29-2013)
  #8  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Christian Matthias's Avatar
Christian Matthias Christian Matthias is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
The nature of the buying process in Ecwid is based on our long experience and the experience of our clients. It definitely meets the requirements of vast majority of merchants. Each step in this process is important:
The cart page lets a customer see and edit what exactly and in what amount he is buying. It also gives customers an opportunity to see the estimated cost of his order including shipping and taxes before they decide to pay.
The shipping details page is an interface for a customer to get the exact shipping charges for an order and select an appropriate delivery option.
The payment details page allows a customer to select desired payment option and provide their billing details. Billing address is required by the most of the payment gateways, so the 'Payment details' checkout step cannot be skipped.
Finally, after the payment (either within the Ecwid or in an online payment system), a customer sees the order confirmation page, which lets him know that an order is placed. A customer can also see the order details and print invoice there (most customers prefer to have such an ability for making sure that all has been done correctly).

So we think it is the correct way. On the other hand, Ecwid surely allows to tweak the checkout process in your store in different ways, you can manage the corresponding settings in Ecwid control panel (System settings → General → Cart). For example, you can make it mandatory or optional for your customers to create an account at the checkout or to provide a phone number. Moreover, a new feature is being added soon, it will allows to customize checkout fields in Ecwid in more convenient way.

I also can suggest a few things that can simplify the checkout process in your case.
1. Use payment options in Ecwid which don't ask for a customer address on the store's site: Paypal Express checkout and Google Checkout. Ecwid still requires the billing info, but a customer enters it on payment gateway site.

2. Hide the optional 'Password' block at the 'Payment details' step of the checkout.
Please refer to this thread for the information of how to do it:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1563

3. Hide the 'Sign in' link in the store.
This article in our database describes how to do it:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853285/...ign-In%22-link

4. Redirect a customer instantly to the 'Checkout' page after a product is added to the cart(skip the cart page).
In order to do it you will need to use a special JavaScript code which will use the Ecwid Javascript API for handling the Ecwid 'OnPageLoad' event. The code looks like this:
Code:
<script>
if (                                                                                                                 
  typeof(Ecwid) == 'object'                                                                                          
  && typeof(Ecwid.OnPageLoad) == 'object'                                                                            
) {                                                                                                                  
  Ecwid.OnPageLoad.add(function(page) {                                                                              
    // Redirect user if needed                                                                                       
    if (                                                                                                             
      typeof(page) == 'object'                                                                                       
      && 'CART' == page.type                                                                                         
    ) {                                                                                                              
      window.location.hash = 'ecwid:mode=checkoutPD';                                                                
    }                                                                                                                
  });                                                                                                                
}
</script>
Please notice, that the code above should be inserted after the Ecwid integration code on the page where your store is installed.
The line "window.location.hash = 'ecwid:mode=checkoutPD'" will be executed (a visitor will be redirected) right after the cart page is loaded. This way the cart step will be skipped. However you should keep in mind that this way a customer will not be able to change or clear the cart contents or to enter a discount coupon since those are available only on the cart page.
is there an easier way to do number 4 without a code hack?
  #9  
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is online now
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Matthias View Post
is there an easier way to do number 4 without a code hack?
No, there isn't.

Do you have any difficulties with adding the code?
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
single product html, single product widget

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.