The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Single product browser widget and joomla question

When we discovered Ecwid, we already had a full working website designed so we decided to just integrate the single product widget into the design, rather than the product browser as we liked the design and control of content that we already had.

We are now thinking it's time for a redesign for our website and have been looking into joomla based websites. Our question is, if we just want to integrate the single product widget like we currently have, rather than the product browser, is this possible with a joomla template such as the RocketTheme Halcyon template or the Yootheme templates?

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:16 PM

You can have a look at my site for an example of how this can be done. It is based on a Yootheme template with Zoo. Each Zoo item is a product that has a custom HTML field that I fill with the single product browser code. Although my site has a unique look, I find that it is very time consuming to add new products or change existing ones. Everything must be done twice... once in ecwid, and once in Joomla. I am currently expanding with another store based on the RocketTheme Mercado template which allows me to only have to edit ecwid to make changes. Creating a front page with "featured products" is proving challenging however (I am running Joomla 1.5). As well, I am concerned about SEO on the Mercado site not being up to par.

techtoys2go DOT com
The Following User Says Thank You to techtoys2go.com For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (04-09-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 AM

Thank you for your reply Techtoys2go. We can see that your site must have taken a LOT of work, with so many products the RocketTheme Mercado template would help speed things up for you. However, we have less than 15 products for sale and don't require the use of the 'Product Browser Widget' which is why we wanted to know if just the single product widget could be used within either the RocketTheme Halcyon or Mercado templates.

We can't see what functionality the backend of the ecwid component looks like (is there a way to disable the product browser widget for example?) or even if the single product widget can be used with the Rocketheme ecwid templates.

Maybe because we only have a few products and we wish to use only the single product widget then we should just get something like a Yoo themed template and add on the Rokecwid extension or would this require a lot more work?

Hope this makes sense?

Yum Asia

Last edited by Yum Asia; 04-07-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum Asia View Post
When we discovered Ecwid, we already had a full working website designed so we decided to just integrate the single product widget into the design, rather than the product browser as we liked the design and control of content that we already had.

We are now thinking it's time for a redesign for our website and have been looking into joomla based websites. Our question is, if we just want to integrate the single product widget like we currently have, rather than the product browser, is this possible with a joomla template such as the RocketTheme Halcyon template or the Yootheme templates?

Thanks for any help.
Yes, it is totally possible to add single product widget in your Joomla page. By default, text editors in Joomla administrator interface works in visual mode and does not allow to add javascript on your pages. Please, refer to this article for details how to add javascript on Joomla page:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/51601760/...%20in%20Joomla

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
joomla, single product widget