The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 AM

How to import products with options by csv file ???

Is there any way to import also the options ?

In fact, I wanna use this system to sell clothes, and it needs color options.

It would be an obstacle to import a huge quantity of data.

Thank you for your help.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:40 AM

any administrator could give me a hand on this ???
Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Ecwid Team

Ecwid allows to import product options using X-cart format of CSV. Currently, this format supports text fields and dropdown options only.

In order to import product with options you should create CSV file with list of your products and their options. You can find columns’ names for CSV file here: http://kb.ecwid.com/.

Once you create such file, go to Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Products page, click ‘Import products...’ button and choose “X-Cart” tab. This tool will allow you to import products with options using created CSV file.

As a workaround, in case if you don’t have product base in other system, in order to create multiple products with similar option, you can just create one product, set up the options for it, save it and then clone it with Duplicate button on the top of the product page in Ecwid control panel (the options you created for it will also be cloned) and then change the cloned product so it has the properties of another product you want to sell. Repeat until all necessary products have been created. You can also have an always disable 'dummy' product that serves as a specimen for other products and has all necessary options already set up.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:56 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I did not use X-cart before.

Could you please provide me a sample csv for that ??

I appreciate for your kindly help
Old 12-30-2011, 03:39 AM

I already found a sample from the x-cart demo web site.

I could import the original downloaded file, but not after I modified and saved using Microsoft Excel.

Is it the normal case ??
Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Could you, please, sent me a file after changes, which you want to use for import? Probably, it has been saved incorrectly in your program or some additional symbols have been added.

I will be able to do more detailed investigation after you send me your file.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Hello Maya.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I am setting up a perfume shop for a client, so being able to import product options (bottle sizes / prices) is of vital importance. I really need to crack the problem with importing options as an x-cart csv file, since the normal csv import doesn't support it. I try to create a file according to this link: http://www.ecwid.com/bt/view.php?id=1706 but all I get is the error message: "X-Cart import uses only three data blocks from *.csv file - [CATEGORIES], [PRODUCTS] and [PRODUCT_OPTIONS]. Your import file doesn't contain data in any of these blocks."

Have attached a sample import file that I am experimenting with. Please tell me what I need to do to get this right! :-)
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantonline View Post
Hello Maya.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I am setting up a perfume shop for a client, so being able to import product options (bottle sizes / prices) is of vital importance. I really need to crack the problem with importing options as an x-cart csv file, since the normal csv import doesn't support it. I try to create a file according to this link: http://www.ecwid.com/bt/view.php?id=1706 but all I get is the error message: "X-Cart import uses only three data blocks from *.csv file - [CATEGORIES], [PRODUCTS] and [PRODUCT_OPTIONS]. Your import file doesn't contain data in any of these blocks."

Have attached a sample import file that I am experimenting with. Please tell me what I need to do to get this right! :-)
Hello,

Generally such error means that either a CSV file is improperly formatted or the import settings are wrong. I've inspected the file you've attached. As far as I can see, the issue is caused by an error in your CSV file. The thing is separating characters (tabs) appear in the very first line of the import file (but they mustn't).
Code:
[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]→→→→→→
You can find and remove the extra delimiters if you open your CSV file in some simple text editor like Vim or Notepad. It is actually a bit tricky because tab symbols aren't usually visible. I marked them as '→' in the CSV data fragment above for making them visual. In order to make investigation of such issues easier, it is always better to use comma or semicolon as a separator.

Apparently, the extra symbols were added by a spreadsheet editor you used for editing your CSV file. In order to delete them, as I said above, you can open your CSV file in some simple text editor, find extra symbols and remove them, so the first line (the 'product options' section's header) will look like this:
Code:
[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]
Please also refer to this article in our knowledge base for more information of importing in X-Cart format in Ecwid:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27124243/...%20and%20Ecwid

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM

Hi,

I am trying to import product options using the xcart format, can you help with the structure of the csv file. The product options and price modifiers I require are as follows.

Size - 1 litre = no price change
half litre - price reduced by 50%

Surcharge -
Half litre - + 0.75
1 litre - 0

The defaults would be for half litre size and half litre surcharge

Many thanks
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 PM

I have sorted this now.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
importing, product