The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 PM

Talking

Display short description in product grid view

There a a few really old threads on this topic, and I'd like to know if there's any update on whether or not a feature exists for the embed code to be able to add a short description in the product grid view? I use this today on my sites through another commerce provider today and I'm not able to continue with ecwid unless this is possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda Greicar Jelinek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there!

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

I'm really sorry for a delayed reply. Please let me address your question.

There are no built-in tools to add a description to the products in the grid view, I'm afraid.

However, Ecwid, in some sense, is an open-source platform. We have a free and open API available for all of our merchants on paid plans — https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation This API allows creating custom solutions and features specifically for your store.

So with the help of custom development, it's possible to edit the layout of your store in the grid view and add the product description.

If you need assistance with some custom features you want to see in your store, our Customization Team will be happy to help you for an extra fee.

If you are interested, please let me know. I'll forward your request to our Customization team. Also, you can fill out this form https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and they will get back to you with the details.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
description, product