The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 PM

I have searched Google as well as Polyvore forums trying to troubleshoot and cannot come up with an answer.

When I pull up a product page on my site that lists several products (grid form) then click on the Polyvore Clipper, the Clipper cannot "see" my product images at all. It only 'sees' images I've placed individually on my page (at the header, in the sidebar, etc).

When I click on an individual product so that the screen features one product only, then click the Clipper, the Clipper will "see" the product image, along with the Category name (not product name) and price. I save it to Polyvore, and it shows up in my Polyvore items.

However, anytime I add a product item to a set with other products from other retailers, all of the items show up with detailed information (price, etc.), except for mine. Mine only shows with the Title of my Shop Page and my web address. It's like Polyvore isn't recognizing anything done via Ecwid - only generic site information.

I have tried saving items with detailed info in the Title Line (name, price, site location) but that still doesn't change anything.

This is along the same lines as the problems Ecwid has with SEO - getting search engines to see Ecwid pages and itemized product information.

(Now for a little venting): I'll be totally honest: I originally designed an entire website only to find out Ecwid wasn't compatible with the format and my products would not be visible to searches. So I redesigned with Wordpress. This set me two months back and killed my summer. I am still struggling with achieving proper SEO and analytic information with my products on the new Wordpress site. Now I can't get Polyvore to recognize them. I haven't even tried to figure out Ecwid on Facebook because, quite frankly, I'm gun-shy.

For something that looked so simple at the beginning, Ecwid has been nothing but problematic for me. Beyond adding my products to Ecwid and placing the code onto my designated webpage, it's been a constant struggle. I simply don't have time to re-code and search forums, wait days for answers, and constantly trouble-shoot. My business is starting to suffer because I have no time to design and sell products.

I've stayed with it because so much time has been invested but with the latest Polyvore trouble I'm starting to think it will save more time in the longrun to just cut my Ecwid ties. It shouldn't have to be this hard.

Three days...no reply. Am I the only one who has encountered this problem? Any suggestions from a mod? Trying not to be impatient - thanks.

Last edited by Lana; 09-05-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabswagnet View Post
I have searched Google as well as Polyvore forums trying to troubleshoot and cannot come up with an answer.

When I pull up a product page on my site that lists several products (grid form) then click on the Polyvore Clipper, the Clipper cannot "see" my product images at all. It only 'sees' images I've placed individually on my page (at the header, in the sidebar, etc).

When I click on an individual product so that the screen features one product only, then click the Clipper, the Clipper will "see" the product image, along with the Category name (not product name) and price. I save it to Polyvore, and it shows up in my Polyvore items.

However, anytime I add a product item to a set with other products from other retailers, all of the items show up with detailed information (price, etc.), except for mine. Mine only shows with the Title of my Shop Page and my web address. It's like Polyvore isn't recognizing anything done via Ecwid - only generic site information.

I have tried saving items with detailed info in the Title Line (name, price, site location) but that still doesn't change anything.
Hi,

I have checked how Polyvore works with Ecwid. Here're my findings:

1. Clipping to Polyvore from the product lists, e.g. http://www.fabswag.net/fab-swag-shop...=0&sort=normal
It looks like Polyvore has a restriction on size of the images being clipped - images with size less than 200 px are not clipped.
You have 195 px setup as the product thumbnail size in Ecwid control panel, System Settings>Design>Thumbnail sizes.
Please, try changing it to e.g. 200 or more, and see if that makes any difference.
I've just tested it on my Ecwid shop with thumbnails larger than 200 px, and all pics were clipped

2. When you clip an image, Polyvore grasps the page title, not the product name. It works the same on all sites, you may want to check it on amazon for example.

3. Indeed only page title, price and site link are shown attached to the image on polyvore.
We're going to contact polyvore and discuss these issues with them to find possible solutions.

Quote:
This is along the same lines as the problems Ecwid has with SEO - getting search engines to see Ecwid pages and itemized product information.

(Now for a little venting): I'll be totally honest: I originally designed an entire website only to find out Ecwid wasn't compatible with the format and my products would not be visible to searches. So I redesigned with Wordpress. This set me two months back and killed my summer. I am still struggling with achieving proper SEO and analytic information with my products on the new Wordpress site. Now I can't get Polyvore to recognize them. I haven't even tried to figure out Ecwid on Facebook because, quite frankly, I'm gun-shy.

For something that looked so simple at the beginning, Ecwid has been nothing but problematic for me. Beyond adding my products to Ecwid and placing the code onto my designated webpage, it's been a constant struggle. I simply don't have time to re-code and search forums, wait days for answers, and constantly trouble-shoot. My business is starting to suffer because I have no time to design and sell products.

I've stayed with it because so much time has been invested but with the latest Polyvore trouble I'm starting to think it will save more time in the longrun to just cut my Ecwid ties. It shouldn't have to be this hard.
Sorry to learn about these difficulties. As I see you used Weebly platform before. Ecwid is embedded into this sitebuilder quickly and easily: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/54577656/Weebly
You contacted us concerning Google indexing of Ecwid store on Weebly. Unfortunately Weebly has a restrictions - you can't use custom PHP on your website, which makes it impossible to implement Google AJAX indexing mechanism on Weebly sites (more details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=37). So there're ways to work this around suggested you in this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20843

Now that you have moved to Wordpress, there shouldn't be any issues with this, since Ecwid plugin for Wordpress supports Google AJAX indexing. And as I can see your Ecwid store is indexed successfully. Our support team is handling all your questions regarding indexing in this forum thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22180

If you're considering opening online store on Facebook, please, refer to this article for instructions: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853261/Facebook

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.