The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:45 AM

How to remove all links back to the store from the "Your Shopping Bag" page.

Is there a way to remove the links back to the store/categories when in the "Your Shopping Bag" page? I have a responsive website and wanted to use the single product widget for a single product that I sell from the website. I found out the hard way that the single product widget pop-up is not responsive *yet* so I am forced to setup a "store" page from which all the cart actions can be made. Since I am only selling 1 product on the website I use the option to open the shopping bag when the "Add To Bag" button is clicked. Everything looks/works fine but a shopper has the option to click on the product name/image and it brings them to the store which I do not want to happen. Essentially I want to remove all the links from the page except the "checkout" button.

Is there a script that I can add to remove the links from this page?

http://garciniplex.com/
Old 11-07-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghkelso1 View Post
Is there a way to remove the links back to the store/categories when in the "Your Shopping Bag" page? I have a responsive website and wanted to use the single product widget for a single product that I sell from the website. I found out the hard way that the single product widget pop-up is not responsive *yet* so I am forced to setup a "store" page from which all the cart actions can be made. Since I am only selling 1 product on the website I use the option to open the shopping bag when the "Add To Bag" button is clicked. Everything looks/works fine but a shopper has the option to click on the product name/image and it brings them to the store which I do not want to happen. Essentially I want to remove all the links from the page except the "checkout" button.

Is there a script that I can add to remove the links from this page?

http://garciniplex.com/
Hello!

Actually, I’ve checked your website and it looks like you’ve already figured out a solution, since for the life of me I couldn’t find a direct way to get to your categories/store pages.

Still, just in case, such links can be hidden by means of editing Ecwid design via CSS. Just go to your Ecwid control panel> System settings > Design. There you can either create a new custom CSS theme, or edit the custom one you are using (if you are using one).
Now all that’s left is to paste the following code there:

Code:
 div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath {
  display:none;
​}

This will hide the “path” of links in the upper right corner, that would otherwise allow your customers to get to those categories.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:03 PM

Hi Enot,

Thank you for the response. I am actually talking about the links from the product image and the product name that bring a user to the shop/category page when clicked. Please see the attached image and let me know if there is a way to "de-link" these elements!

Thanks!

https://flic.kr/p/pWhQvU

Last edited by ghkelso1; 11-07-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghkelso1 View Post
Hi Enot,

Thank you for the response. I am actually talking about the links from the product image and the product name that bring a user to the shop/category page when clicked. Please see the attached image and let me know if there is a way to "de-link" these elements!

Thanks!

https://flic.kr/p/pWhQvU

Hello!

Thank you for elaborating, I see the issue now.
Let me share my observation:
There’s a reason product image on “checkout” page leads to your product browser: this allows customers to review the products they’re buying or return to the storefront catalog. So, removing it, if done, would result in disappearing of the product image. Plus, it’s actually a part of Ecwid widget, so it can’t be manually removed and replaced with some preloaded product image.

So, at the moment I can only suggest looking for a way to disable a certain redirection from a page under certain circumstances by means of JavaScript but this, if can be done, would require custom programming.
As a workaround, you could make that page (the one where your customers get redirected after clicking on the image) more suited for your needs: for example, you can utilize “category description” field of your root category, hide the “breadcrumps” (described in my post above), and maybe changing the design a bit. More about changing the design can be found here:
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...e-ecwid-design

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shopping bag, single product widget