The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Question

Add Vertical Categories

How do I add a vertical category list/menu on the left side so when you click on each link, the images appear on the right? All threads point here, but there are no instructions I can see. http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853321/...l%20Categories
My store is 7robots.com/shop
Thank you!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Ecwid Team

In order to add vertical categories menu you should go to Ecwid control panel → Dashboard, copy vertical categories widget code from the “Categories Menu Widget Code (optional)” and paste it in the source page of your site, where categories list should be shown.

If you want to install categories list on all site’s pages and redirect customers to the certain site page, where Ecwid installed you should use ecwid_ProductBrowserURL parameter.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
7 Robots Inc. (05-27-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM

How do I find where to paste the code in the source page of your site, where categories list should be shown? I am using rockettheme template
Old 05-22-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engir Son View Post
How do I find where to paste the code in the source page of your site, where categories list should be shown? I am using rockettheme template
If you use Joomla and RokEcwid to display your Ecwid store, you need to publish a module in your Joomla to show the vertical categories on your site. You вщтже need any coding. Please, refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/...esnbspoptional
Old 06-08-2012, 05:18 PM

how do I get the left menu categories to show on my site..I have a ning website...
I can't post the code to the "left" of the code on the html page?
I can just paste it above or below the code thats already there from the dashboard..
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM

I'm completely new to ecwid and would like to implement the vertical categories.

Is this the code you need:

<div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1525006" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xVCategories("style="); </script>
</div>

If not, where do I get the code from?

And exactly where do I have to paste it?

Hope someone can help! Thanks in advance!

Also....... is it possible to have the shopping bag kind of down the side and when you scroll down it stays there???? (A bit like the test store displayed on this site: http://www.dynamic-html-editor.com/e...=0&sort=normal ???

Thanks.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
vertical, vertical categories, vertical menu