The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Default I no longer have a web site on Wix how can I upgrade from Free to Premium

Hi,
I have a free ecwid account with a widget on Wix but would like to know how I can upgrade my ecwid to a premium account if I do not have a site on Wix anymore, as I am building the new site outside Wix.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by mark hendricks; 10-06-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Not enough information
Old 10-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hendricks View Post
Hi,
I have a free ecwid account with a widget on Wix but would like to know how I can upgrade my ecwid to a premium account if I do not have a site on Wix anymore, as I am building the new site outside Wix.

Thanks
Mark
Hello Mark,

Ecwid store created via Wix sitebuilder is switched to Premium plan automatically, when Wix site, where it is installed, subscribes to Premium plan.

The only way to create the subscription to Premium plan - via Wix sitebuilder. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Premium Ecwid plan without Wix installation.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Hello Mark,

Ecwid store created via Wix sitebuilder is switched to Premium plan automatically, when Wix site, where it is installed, subscribes to Premium plan.

The only way to create the subscription to Premium plan - via Wix sitebuilder. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Premium Ecwid plan without Wix installation.

Hi
Thanks for the reply
I think you may have been confused at what I was trying to say.

Basically I have just recently purchased hosting and am looking to put a shop on using the ECWID code so it has no connection with WIX.

Originally the account I set up with ECWID was when I was testing on the WIX site, but now I need to use the same account so that I can add more than 10 products on my other site on my new hosting. So I was wondering how can I switch from my FREE to a Premium
account as all it displays at the moment is "To upgrade to Premium subscription please go to your Wix website editor, navigate to page where Ecwid shop widget is located, click on the Ecwid shop widget then select "Settings" menu item and click "Upgrade this App" button."
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgx View Post
Hi
Thanks for the reply
I think you may have been confused at what I was trying to say.

Basically I have just recently purchased hosting and am looking to put a shop on using the ECWID code so it has no connection with WIX.

Originally the account I set up with ECWID was when I was testing on the WIX site, but now I need to use the same account so that I can add more than 10 products on my other site on my new hosting. So I was wondering how can I switch from my FREE to a Premium
account as all it displays at the moment is "To upgrade to Premium subscription please go to your Wix website editor, navigate to page where Ecwid shop widget is located, click on the Ecwid shop widget then select "Settings" menu item and click "Upgrade this App" button."
Hello,

The thing is that store registered via Wix applicaiton can be subscribed Premium plan only and this subscription can be done via Wix only.

If you want to install your Ecwid store to another site and subscribe it to paid plan that allows to add more than 10 items in your store, you will need to register new store here: my.ecwid.com/cp. Product and categories from your current store can be transferred using import/export functionality.

Once you have registered new Ecwid store, you will be able to subscribe it to any of Ecwid plans in Ecwid control panel -> My profile -> Billing and Plans

Good luck!

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:52 AM

I am in the same situation and this is not fair as I already built everything on ECWID then I decided to upgrade to WIX.

Now I want to leave WIX and you tell us that it is not possible?

There might be a way to do it. I will subscribe to the premium account from ECWID but please do something for that. I dont want to start everything from scratch...
The Following User Says Thank You to patoss92 For This Useful Post:
Joy Kingsborough3 (04-25-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
upgrade to premium, wix