The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Chris West's Avatar
Chris West is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Agree Entirely


We need to pressure this people!

Amazon payments are 100% required going forward, we need to do whatever we can to force this through.
  #22  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:47 AM
PadRelax New's Avatar
PadRelax New PadRelax New is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Exclamation need it!

i also want to use amazon payments the next christmas season (starting within 3 weeks)
That´s why i asked my programmer to integrate that. But if you will do that i could save the 600,- Euros!
Steffen
  #23  
Old 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM
SteveOrg's Avatar
SteveOrg SteveOrg is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 56
Exclamation

Maya - It's been a long time so please comment again. And this time please say more than the obvious that Ecwid is not doing it and that we can vote for it.

Please help us understand Ecwid's reasons given the fact that Ecwid must be losing a tremendous amount of business because of the lack of Amazon Payments, it is extremely important to many users and that it is fairly trivial to implement.

Maybe it's a cultural difference, but I find Ecwid's handling of this to be extremely disrespectful of your community.
  #24  
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOrg View Post
Maya - It's been a long time so please comment again. And this time please say more than the obvious that Ecwid is not doing it and that we can vote for it.

Please help us understand Ecwid's reasons given the fact that Ecwid must be losing a tremendous amount of business because of the lack of Amazon Payments, it is extremely important to many users and that it is fairly trivial to implement.

Maybe it's a cultural difference, but I find Ecwid's handling of this to be extremely disrespectful of your community.
The reason is simple. Our development team has a lot to do, and the other functionality we are working on is equally important (maybe, not personally for you, but surely for the many user you mentioned). It's not that we are reluctant to do that - we would eagerly start working on it if we had some sufficient workhours of our developers for this. Once we complete big (and small) things we are working on now, we'll move on to the other big ideas like this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Steven Mautone (08-14-2014)
  #25  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 PM
SteveOrg's Avatar
SteveOrg SteveOrg is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
The reason is simple. Our development team has a lot to do, and the other functionality we are working on is equally important (maybe, not personally for you, but surely for the many user you mentioned). It's not that we are reluctant to do that - we would eagerly start working on it if we had some sufficient workhours of our developers for this. Once we complete big (and small) things we are working on now, we'll move on to the other big ideas like this one.
Thanks for finally replying. The judgement that many of the other projects that are planned or started is as important as Amazon Payments is highly questionable. At least 26 of them have lower vote counts that Amazon Payments down to as few as 8 votes! That's while Amazon Payments has 309 votes. As a person that has been involved with eCommerce for well over a decade, for the life of me, I cannot see how you find some of these important at all, especially given the large number of projects that are truly useful. Some of these projects are payment gateways that by any objective measure are much less compelling than Amazon Payments.

You say that your development team has a lot to do, yet there is so much important to do that you haven't even started considering. It will take years to catch up. There's a simple solution. Expand the size of the development team. At a minimum, hire a developer whose primary focus is adding payment portals. That will allow you to take care of the many planned and unplanned but worthy payment portals on the suggestions list.
  #26  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Fashions For Divas's Avatar
Fashions For Divas Fashions For Divas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
Default Selling On Amazon Using Ecwid Shopping Cart

I agree with you. However, I am in the process of selling my products on Amazon using the Ecwid shopping cart. I spoke with Amazon and they said that Amazon provides you with a csv form so that you can manually update your Ecwid shopping cart using this form with the click of a button. The Amazon team said that many vendors on Amazon do this on a daily basis using the shopping cart of their choice (in our case Ecwid).

Amazon said all you have to do is download your product list onto a csv form that we can obtain from the Ecwid site (I checked already and it can be done). You then upload your products into your Amazon account using the csv form, all with the click of a button. The Amazon team will help you with all of this. Amazon says that if you get a lot of orders, you will have to hire someone to integrate the Ecwid cart with Amazon if you want to stay with Ecwid. Hopefully, you will be making a lot of money so by then you should be able to afford one.

Currently, I have already registered with Amazon, and they are helping me get started selling my products at my own website through my Ecwid shopping cart. I hope this info is helpful to those who want to stay with Ecwid but also sell thru Amazon.
  #27  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:57 AM
SteveOrg's Avatar
SteveOrg SteveOrg is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Style Fashions View Post
I agree with you. However, I am in the process of selling my products on Amazon using the Ecwid shopping cart. I spoke with Amazon and they said that Amazon provides you with a csv form so that you can manually update your Ecwid shopping cart using this form with the click of a button. The Amazon team said that many vendors on Amazon do this on a daily basis using the shopping cart of their choice (in our case Ecwid).

Amazon said all you have to do is download your product list onto a csv form that we can obtain from the Ecwid site (I checked already and it can be done). You then upload your products into your Amazon account using the csv form, all with the click of a button. The Amazon team will help you with all of this. Amazon says that if you get a lot of orders, you will have to hire someone to integrate the Ecwid cart with Amazon if you want to stay with Ecwid. Hopefully, you will be making a lot of money so by then you should be able to afford one.

Currently, I have already registered with Amazon, and they are helping me get started selling my products at my own website through my Ecwid shopping cart. I hope this info is helpful to those who want to stay with Ecwid but also sell thru Amazon.
Thanks, but this thread is about a totally different issue. This is about Amazon Payments, which is a payment gateway that you can use in addition to Paypal or Google Checkout. The main advantage of Amazon Payments is that it imbues a level of credibility and trust like no other payment system. It's all smoke and mirrors, but people simply trust Amazon like no other site. The other advantage is the streamlined checkout. Bottom line is that Amazon Payments would increase sales on your Ecwid store.

However, for the record, I do sell on Amazon very successfully as well as on other marketplaces. My ratio of sales between Amazon, eBay, my Ecwid store and Sears Marketplace is about 20:15:2:1. The best way currently to manage product details is using CSV files for both Amazon and Ecwid that are derived from a common Excel database. This way, a change in one place goes to both.

Your Ecwid store is meant to be embedded on your website or Facebook. I'm pleasantly surprised that Amazon would help you with that. There is never a need to integrate your Ecwid cart with Amazon. However, you may have to be able to control inventory between marketplaces. There are tools for that, but I'm not sure any work with Ecwid. The other main issue is creating shipping labels easily. When you use both Amazon and Ecwid, there is only one choice - ShipStation, which I can't recommend enough. To learn how to use it with Ecwid, search above for ShipStation. You need to use it with Wordpress, but it's easy to get someone to set that up for you.
  #28  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:01 AM
Fashions For Divas's Avatar
Fashions For Divas Fashions For Divas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
Default Amazon & Ecwid Shopping Cart

Wanting to use Amazon Payments on my website is the main reason I wrote to Ecwid several months ago. For whatever reason Ecwid staff refuses to adopt Amazon Payments is beyond me. So my second option was to get an Amazon Webstore, but after talking to the Selling on Amazon staff on this past Friday, I was told that I don't need to go through the API or integrate my Ecwid cart but use my present website and Ecwid cart via the csv form.

I do prefer to have Amazon payments on my website because of the protections you get using their payment gateway, and the credibility of Amazon. So, I may not use Ecwid in the near future and just sell through an Amazon webstore and sell my products on Amazon that way.

And yes, Amazon has a team to set you up. They called me immediately after registering because I'm going to be selling professionally since I have a clothing line. They told me what to do to prepare my website for approval and they have been calling me and emailing me to set it up.

Thanks for the info regarding shipstation, and Wordpress. I have a shipstation account and need to get it to work with Ecwid.
  #29  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:27 AM
SteveOrg's Avatar
SteveOrg SteveOrg is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Style Fashions View Post
And yes, Amazon has a team to set you up. ... They told me what to do to prepare my website for approval ...
This may be new territory for me. Set you up for what? Why do they need to approve your web site?
  #30  
Old 09-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Fashions For Divas's Avatar
Fashions For Divas Fashions For Divas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
Default Amazon & Ecwid Shopping Cart

I registered for the Merchant Pro selling plan for $39.99 per month which gives me an Amazon storefront. My Wordpress website and products have to be pre-approved because I am selling clothes, shoes and accessories which requires prior approval from Amazon. Amazon requires that all images on your website to have a white background and a minimum size of 1001 pixels. You must initially start selling with a minimum of 50 items, but can sell an unlimited number of products thereafter for $39.99 monthly. Amazon customers will pay for my products using Amazon checkout, so Amazon will handle the checkout, fraud protection, and transaction fees for using their payment gateway. I also will have access to Fulfillment by Amazon, Supersaver shipping, Amazon Prime, run sale specials, etc. from my website.

I now have to send the Amazon Product Development team my product list via the csv form they sent me. Once I receive approval, I am scheduled to meet with an Amazon integration manager who is responsible for creating a specialized csv form for me. This person will provide me with a 1 hour training over the telephone on how to use the form and upload my products, etc. The team is responsible for setting me up and eventually assisting me from the initial phase to the launching of my Amazon storefront.

Amazon is waiting for me to send them my data file with all of my product info that is in my ecwid shopping cart so that I can start selling to Amazon's 100 million plus customers via my Wordpress website/Ecwid shopping cart.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
amazon checkout, amazon ecwid, amazon payments

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.