Old 01-22-2017, 09:19 PM

Unable to customise Ecwid/Wix store

I'm using Ecwid on my Wix website, but I'm unable to change the colours (Also, ideally, the font size and face). The app says:

"In order to use the color picker you need to have "Improved appearance of storefront buttons" option enabled in Settings → What's New page of Ecwid control panel."

But I don't have this option on my Settings page. Inspect elements in Chrome is also not terribly helpful.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Amber!

Thank you for contacting Ecwid Support!

This message, which you can see in design settings, regards to customers with old version of Ecwid admin page. You have a new one, so this feature is already active for you. We will edit this part of the app description to avoid misleading new customers. Thanks for your report!

As for the colour changing issue, we need to inspect this more thoroughly. Please, check your email, i’ve send you a message with details.

Best regards,
Una Q., Ecwid Support Team
Old 02-17-2017, 04:41 AM

Hi there! I am having the same issue! Would you mind sending me the information on how to select the color picker? thank you!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Julia,

Thanks a lot for your message!

Can you please describe in more detail what issue you are facing?

As far as I understand, you're using our Wix app and want to change the store base colors using the "Theme color picker" option in the app settings → Design tab. Please check the screencast of how it works: http://take.ms/wo53D

Thank you!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 PM

thank you! for some reason it is working now! maybe it was my computer!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:20 PM

Hi.
I am having lots of issues with this program. I paid for the premium account and think maybe I made a mistake. I thought it was going to be easy to use but it is not. The support is a five minute conversation which does not help at all.
Here are the issues:
1. Cannot change the look of my pages
2. Do I need to remove WIX stores? How do I do that?
3. Do not want to use the email it is making me use
4. Do not want to promote another link just want my domain name
5. Do not like the look of the template for the invoice, however, I would need to relearn HTML or pay to use another program. I want to just change it like a word doc
6. There are attributes here that I thought we can assign to products so that our customers can look up whatever they want, but they dont work
7. You have a space for UPC but no information linked on how to get one
8. There should be an easier way to upload all the products and information I already have on wix but there are no instructions on how to do this.
9. Also I have email accounts with WIx I am hoping that moves over also since I do not want to get rid of that.
Please email me if you do not want to answer here.
THank you
Geni
geni@charlijade.com
Old 02-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Kish View Post
Hi.
I am having lots of issues with this program. I paid for the premium account and think maybe I made a mistake. I thought it was going to be easy to use but it is not. The support is a five minute conversation which does not help at all.
Here are the issues:
1. Cannot change the look of my pages
2. Do I need to remove WIX stores? How do I do that?
3. Do not want to use the email it is making me use
4. Do not want to promote another link just want my domain name
5. Do not like the look of the template for the invoice, however, I would need to relearn HTML or pay to use another program. I want to just change it like a word doc
6. There are attributes here that I thought we can assign to products so that our customers can look up whatever they want, but they dont work
7. You have a space for UPC but no information linked on how to get one
8. There should be an easier way to upload all the products and information I already have on wix but there are no instructions on how to do this.
9. Also I have email accounts with WIx I am hoping that moves over also since I do not want to get rid of that.
Please email me if you do not want to answer here.
THank you
Geni
geni@charlijade.com
Hi Gen,

Ecwid Customer Care team here. Thanks for all your questions and sorry that you're facing difficulties with setup. I'll be glad to explain everything and help you out.

Please allow me to answer your questions one by one:

Quote:
Cannot change the look of my pages
Design of Ecwid can be changed in any way by means of CSS, ready themes or color adaptive mode as described in this article: How to change Ecwid design

Please refer to that article and feel free to ask if any particular questions appear on how to change this or that element.

Quote:
Do I need to remove WIX stores? How do I do that?
As far as I understand this query, you now have both Ecwid store and the Wix default Shopping Cart installed on your Wix website.

Basically, we do not force you to remove the Wix shopping cart in any way, so you can leave both be if you like. But anyways, if you want to delete the Wix Shopping Cart from your site, I suppose you can refer to this post on Wix community here: https://support.wix.com/en/ticket/d...9e-242412b64571

Quote:
Do not want to use the email it is making me use
Do you mean this email field on checkout:

Basically Ecwid always collects customer's email address, which is then used for sending mail notifications to the customer, such as "Order Confirmation", "Order Shipped" etc.

Even though there's no default option to disabled the email field or make it non-required, there's a way to make that happen with some custom JavaScript coding. Particularly you need a script which would enter any custom email in that field and hide the field itself.

Then you'd need to disable the Mail Notifications in your store, in order not to send any emails to that custom pre-filled address.

If you have a developer at hand, you can supply them with our JavaScipt API and let them code it for you.

If you don't have a dev, though, I can send your request over to our Customization Service – they can code it for you on paid basis.

Quote:
Do not want to promote another link just want my domain name
I see your store located on your Wix website now here: http://www.charlijade.com/online-store

Could you please in this case elaborate on what URL you'd like to change?

Quote:
Do not like the look of the template for the invoice, however, I would need to relearn HTML or pay to use another program. I want to just change it like a word doc
Thanks for the feedback on this. We're planning to change the way of editing the invoice template in future, but for now it's only in HTML. No ETA for these changes to come up, unfortunately.

There's a good point about it, though, considering that HTML provides maximal customizability to templates.

Quote:
There are attributes here that I thought we can assign to products so that our customers can look up whatever they want, but they dont work
As far as I understand, you assigned Product Attributes to items in your store and you need Search or filters based on them.

The search currently works with product titles, SKUs and descriptions. So, as a workaround you can type certain attributes right in the product descriptions, so that they're found in search.

If you need the filters just by attributes, though, it can also be done as a custom solution through our Product Filters API.

Quote:
You have a space for UPC but no information linked on how to get one
UPCs, which are Universal Product Codes are not to be obtained for your products through Ecwid, as they're normally obtained through GS1 US. Check here for example: http://guides.wsj.com/small-busines...our-products-2/

Quote:
There should be an easier way to upload all the products and information I already have on wix but there are no instructions on how to do this.
Products can be imported to Ecwid from any system in a CSV file. Check here for all the details on this: Importing Products

As for exporting products from Wix, I searched for info about it on Wix Forums, but did not really find anything useful, sorry. Found this Chrome plugin which seems to do the trick, though: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...omjbkcmil?hl=en Might help.

Quote:
Also I have email accounts with WIx I am hoping that moves over also since I do not want to get rid of that.
Looks like it's about customers' emails export from Wix to Ecwid. Just as well, we have a method of importing them to Ecwid: https://www.ecwid.com/apps/featured...ustomers-import

Export from Wix should be possible either through Orders or Contacts. Check here:

* https://support.wix.com/en/article/...g-your-contacts

* https://support.wix.com/en/article/...s-in-wix-stores

Hope this helps. If some more questions appear, please ask here or via email.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.