Old 02-16-2017, 10:46 AM

My shop now button has disappeared on Facebook page.

The 'shop now' button has just suddenly disappeared from my Facebook page after being there for months. How do I get it back, & why has it disappeared in the first place?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Sarah! Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry for the delayed reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Hutchinson View Post
The 'shop now' button has just suddenly disappeared from my Facebook page after being there for months. How do I get it back, & why has it disappeared in the first place?
I'm sorry you faced this problem! I've just checked your Facebook page and see you've already sorted out this issue—the "Shop Now" button on its place and appears normally on both, desktops and mobiles. However, I'm still wondering: have you found out why the button disappeared? The thing is, the "Shop Now" button is a Facebook's feature and is associated with your Facebook page, not with Ecwid or the Ecwid app you added to the page.

Some background for those who aren't familiar with the "Shop Now" Facebook buttons: Facebook has a set of so-called call-to-action buttons that can be added to your business Facebook page and "call" visitors to do something. One of those buttons is the "Shop Now" button. For this button, you can specify a link to your storefront and thus page visitors will be taken to your products once they'll hit that button. Here's how to add such a button to your page:

Links on the topic:

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:29 PM

Hi, My call to action Shop Now does not link to my ecwid store... How do i link it so that when they click shop now it takes them to my ecwid?
Old 05-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla Riconalla View Post
Hi, My call to action Shop Now does not link to my ecwid store... How do i link it so that when they click shop now it takes them to my ecwid?
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

'Shop now' button is set up on the side of Facebook. You can make this button direct to any URL you like. If you want it to point to your Starter site, do the following:

1. Open your store page on Facebook. You have to be logged in as the admin of your Fb group where the store is added.
2. Click on 'Shop now' button and specify the new URL.

3. Click 'Save new changes' button.

If you have any other questions, feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Hi Daria...

I tried the steps you advised me but this is what it shows and I am not able to edit it... Shop Now will link to the shop section of your Page. it's not allowing me to do anything there...it's defaulted...so i also tried deleting my fb shop and still did not work....
Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla Riconalla View Post
Hi Daria...

I tried the steps you advised me but this is what it shows and I am not able to edit it... Shop Now will link to the shop section of your Page. it's not allowing me to do anything there...it's defaulted...so i also tried deleting my fb shop and still did not work....
Karla,

Thanks for writing back.

That button is designed by Facebook and Ecwid doesn't put there any default values. By default, when you create a Fb page, there is no call-to-action button on page. It appears only after you edit it.

I've checked the Facebook page which you have in your profile. At the moment, you have 'Send message' button there. As far as I know, you can use only one call-to-action button on a page.

You can also see how to edit call-to-action button in Facebook Help Center here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/384647425022101

When you hover over the button, do you see the pencil icon there? Do you see 'Edit button' option?

If you don't see these options, most likely you are not logged in as the admin of this page. Please, log in as the page admin to edit the button.

Quote:
but this is what it shows and I am not able to edit it
Can you send a screenshot of what you see? What link does this button open?

Just to be clear, you want 'Shop now' button to open your Starter site, right? So, here is the link to your Starter site which you should use: https://store11508801.ecwid.com/

Also, here are Facebook instructions on how to add call-to-action button: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/312169205649942

Hope this helps.