The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 PM

We don't ship to this location - Although its in my setting!

I have installed the location (Scandinavia ZONE) for Sweden and Finland.
Whenever I try using FINLAND i get the error message: We don't ship to that location.
However its in the setting. Whats wrong with it?

Kind regards
Old 03-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Man of the Mountains View Post
I have installed the location (Scandinavia ZONE) for Sweden and Finland.
Whenever I try using FINLAND i get the error message: We don't ship to that location.
However its in the setting. Whats wrong with it?

Kind regards
Hi,

Thank you for your message. I've examined your shipping settings and found out that shipping isn't offered for Finland because of the Scandinavia zone setup. I'll clarify.

Scandinavia zone includes two countries: Finland and Sweden, and states of Sweden. With this setup, the zone actually covers only Sweden. Therefore when you submit Finland in the shipping address, there's no shipping option for this area.

You can quickly fix it by changing the Scandinavia zone: you should remove Sweden states. Please proceed to your Ecwid control panel>System Settings>Zones, enter Scandinavia zone, clear the 'States' box and save the change.
This zone will then cover both countries, Finland and Sweden.

The same is with Ireland.
Ireland is included into zone "Central Europe", but the zone also contains states of the EU countries excluding Ireland. That's why, this zone doesn't cover Ireland.
You should edit "Central Europe" zone the same way as Scandinavia zone: remove all states and keep only countries. Basically states are not necessary in zones as long as you wish to cover the whole countries. It is enough to add countries only.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

Last edited by Lana; 03-06-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I do understand. And started clear list in Scandinavia.

However: In Central Europe for Ireland the story is a bit different.

I do need the states as some regions of Italy (states) are cleared for shipping reasons!
They are listed as Islands in another ZONE and I do not want them "ALL INCLUDED"...

How should I proceed in order to have IRELAND work and the italian regions (about 10-15) off?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Man of the Mountains View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I do understand. And started clear list in Scandinavia.

However: In Central Europe for Ireland the story is a bit different.

I do need the states as some regions of Italy (states) are cleared for shipping reasons!
They are listed as Islands in another ZONE and I do not want them "ALL INCLUDED"...

How should I proceed in order to have IRELAND work and the italian regions (about 10-15) off?

Thanks!
Hi,

When customer submits a shipping address, Ecwid 'reads' the zone this way:
- first Ecwid checks whether the country falls into any enabled zones
- next it checks whether the entered state is in any zones
- next goes zip code

If your zone includes country and state, the customer's address must contain both. So for example, Central Europe zone has countries Italy and Ireland, and Italian states. When you enter shipping address with Ireland, Ecwid scans the zone and detects that country is there but the state doesn't fit. Hence Ireland shipping address doesn't fall under the conditions of Central Europe zone.

The same is with Czech, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia: Central Europe zone doesn't have their states, hence shipping for these countries won't be offered either. (for UK too, please check this article for explanation)

My understanding is that you have different shipping rates only for Italian regions. If so, my suggestion would be to create separate zones for Italy: one zone is "Sardegna / Sicilia" with one set of Italian regions, and the second zone is for the other Italian regions.
Then add a shipping method specifically for the second Italian zone.

And Central Europe zone should consist of only countries, excluding Italy.

This is a youtube video explaining about zones in Ecwid, you may find it helpful as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLcKj...D4828&index=41

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 03-06-2014, 05:39 PM

Thanks!

All fine and well explained! I created a new one for Italy...

Will check for UK though - thanks for the link. Much appreciated!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping