The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 PM

Combined flat rate shipping by product line

Hello,

I have a product in my shop that qualifies for a one time shipping charge regardless of how many units are purchased. It is a flat rate $5 (whether they order 1 unit or 5, for example). When I set up the flat rate shipping it applies per unit, so 4 units is showing up at $20 instead of $5. How can I change the settings to accomodate?

Also, when I was playing with the different options under global settings, I tried to come in as a customer to see what would happen, and it said shipping not available in my area and wouldn't let me past the enter contact info page. How can I fix?
Thank you!

-Marissa (Hip & Healthy Kids)
https://sites.google.com/site/hiphealthykidsstore/shop
Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Default Distinct Shipping Option for One product code -Combined regardless of unit quantity or weight

Hello,

I have one product code where the customer can get for a flat $5 shipping regardless of how many of those units they purchase. The unit is for nail polish, so they can purchase 5 different colors or just 1 color for $5 shipping. When I select the flat rate charge of $5, my shopping area is calculating it for each unit so 5 different colors comes out to $25 in shipping. The other products I offer in my store have varied shipping by weight, free, flat by unit, etc.

How can I adjust this for this specific unit? Thanks for your speedy response!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Healthy Kids View Post
Hello,

I have one product code where the customer can get for a flat $5 shipping regardless of how many of those units they purchase. The unit is for nail polish, so they can purchase 5 different colors or just 1 color for $5 shipping. When I select the flat rate charge of $5, my shopping area is calculating it for each unit so 5 different colors comes out to $25 in shipping. The other products I offer in my store have varied shipping by weight, free, flat by unit, etc.

How can I adjust this for this specific unit? Thanks for your speedy response!

Hello,

The fixed rate setting you have is applied for every item with this setting enabled, as the name of the option implies.

Unfortunately right now it's not possible in Ecwid to assign individual shipping methods to products. Please feel free to vote for an idea to add this feature to Ecwid:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...tion?ref=title. The feature will be implemented as soon as it gets enough votes.

As a workaround I can suggest you setting up Flat rate of let’s say $5 for all your products as a global setting in your control panel -> System Settings -> Shipping and then configure shipping settings individually for those products that need another shipping rate. On the “Catalog -> Product -> Tax and Shipping” page you can set up Free shipping for products you ship for free and Fixed per Item for overall items - in this case the global settings will be ignored.

Using the described settings you will be able to have $5 shipping charge per order regardless of the number of items. And the individual settings will help you set different rates for the other products in your store.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM

Thank you. I did try that and it worked for that ne oproduct line; however I am having problems with other products in my store front that utilize the global shipping setting and estimate by weight of unit.

For example, if you look at any of the Green Toys on my site, the shipping is based on weight. When I apply this general flat rate, it gives my customer the option to choose the $5 flat instead of the FedEx ground estimate based on the weight of the items. How can I disable the flat rate option for those items I have the global shipping setting on?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Healthy Kids View Post
Thank you. I did try that and it worked for that ne oproduct line; however I am having problems with other products in my store front that utilize the global shipping setting and estimate by weight of unit.

For example, if you look at any of the Green Toys on my site, the shipping is based on weight. When I apply this general flat rate, it gives my customer the option to choose the $5 flat instead of the FedEx ground estimate based on the weight of the items. How can I disable the flat rate option for those items I have the global shipping setting on?

Hello,

Shipping settings in Ecwid work the way that when you set up more than one method for your store and they all are enabled and the customer’s location fits to the destination zone to which the methods are assigned, those methods will be available for customers.
Currently, all the individual shipping settings per product are available on the “Catalog -> Products -> Product details -> Tax and shipping” page. All the rest of the settings are global and are applied to the whole store. You can either set fixed rate per item or free shipping or combined fixed rate+Global settings for the product individually or use global settings for the whole store. Unfortunately, it is not possible to set separate shipping methods for different products yet.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
combined, flat, hip, rate, shipping, unit