The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:18 PM

Download link emails - can we check delivery failures?

We've had a few customers complain in the last couple of days saying that their download links were not sent. They did get their Paypal confirmation emails. They all said they checked their spam box too.

Is there any way to check email bounce messages etc to confirm on our side? I have just been resending the download link manually to them but I'm wondering if there is any more I can do.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Wee View Post
We've had a few customers complain in the last couple of days saying that their download links were not sent. They did get their Paypal confirmation emails. They all said they checked their spam box too.

Is there any way to check email bounce messages etc to confirm on our side? I have just been resending the download link manually to them but I'm wondering if there is any more I can do.
Hi,

I am really sorry that you’ve faced such a problem using Ecwid. Can you provide us with those order ID’s, where the download link delivery failed?

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 AM

Hi Ginger, thank you for this. It wouldn't surprise me if the emails were OK but they checked the wrong inbox or it was filtered as spam! But it's just hard to confirm on our end.

Some orders are:
4685 (this is old but I regenerated the link for her recently)
Old 09-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Wee View Post
Hi Ginger, thank you for this. It wouldn't surprise me if the emails were OK but they checked the wrong inbox or it was filtered as spam! But it's just hard to confirm on our end.

Some orders are:
4685 (this is old but I regenerated the link for her recently)
Hello Sharon,

thank you for the update. I’ve checked the customers’ e-mails for these orders in our mail server logs. The ‘download link’ notifications to dalvarez_***@***.com and ahmar***@***. uk were successfully delivered on the 09/07/2014 and 09/04/2014 accordingly. The customers could miss them due to many factors, actually: inbox mail filters, that immediately archive mail containing links, wrong inbox checked, etc.

The mail dispatching from all Ecwid stores is handled by us, the system uses your admin e-mail address only to imitate the fact that the notification has been sent by you. So, your customers see your address in the ‘From’ field of the letter, but the notification was actually sent by Ecwid mailing server. Thus, mail delivery status check is possible only on our side.

With order #4685 made on 04/22/2014 the situation is different: mail notifications to hpoull***@***.com failed as they were marked as spam by the customer’s spam filter.
When several messages sent via our mail server are marked as spam and thus are bounced back, the server automatically stops sending out further emails to this user’s e-mail address. We’re using a very powerful mail system, it allows dispatching huge amount of notifications accurately and on time (which are order notifications, download links, etc. etc.). The system has a strict rule against sending out spam, and if we send messages that are not accepted by the recipients it lowers down the service quality of e-mails dispatching from us. Therefore in such cases (the customer’s server rejects your notifications as spam), our system takes it as an incorrect address and stops sending the outcoming messages to this e-mail. As soon as we’re sure the notifications are no longer treated as spam or rejected we can quickly remove this restriction.

Therefore in order to deliver e-mails to this very customer successfully, you need to contact him/her and ask to delete your admin e-mail address from their spam list. When he/she does that, please let us know and we will renew their address, so next notifications will be delivered successfully.

Help Center

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger For This Useful Post:
Sharon Wee (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the explanation Ginger, we've contacted that user and we'll let you know if they get back to us
Old 09-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave4795209 View Post
May I add to this if I have a very similar and related problem?
Greetings,

please, describe the problem in detail and we will try to solve it. In you have orders where e-mail notifications were not delivered, provide those order IDs and we’ll see what could have caused the failure.

Help Center

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.