The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM

Need to get customers' email addresses at checkout...

Hi
Is it possible for me to have a REQUIRED FIELD in my checkout/cart customer info for their EMAIL ADDRESS? How am I otherwise able to email my customers once they've created an order with me?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Kagan View Post
Hi
Is it possible for me to have a REQUIRED FIELD in my checkout/cart customer info for their EMAIL ADDRESS? How am I otherwise able to email my customers once they've created an order with me?

Thanks
Hello,

Ecwid uses email as a main and unique customer identifier as Ecwid needs a way to send messages about order to the customer. That's why the email field is always a required field. After the order is placed you will get the customer email in the email notification of a placed order and you will also see in the order details on Sales -> Orders page in your Ecwid control panel.

You can also require customers customers to create accounts on the checkout (System settings -> General -> Cart -> "Require customers to create accounts on checkout"). This way customers' names and emails will be stored on the Customers page in your Ecwid control panel.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
customer email address, email address field, required email address