The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 AM

MiniCart Placement Question

I've reviewed the five other threads on this topic, but neither exactly matches my problem. I've also reviewed a number of ecwid users' sites that have resolved the problem, which I suspect is resolved by customizing ecwid CSS. I've made a few other modifications to ecwid CSS, but I'm unable to change where the minicart appears on the screen. I'd like it to always appear justified right of its default floating position, so as to not overlap the ecwid header title, etc. Thanks very much in advance!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Generally, you should refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21207793/...-floating-mode . Also you might like to change your minicart style completely by switching to the other view: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853298/Minicart#Miniview .

To offer our further assistance on this, we would need a link to your site.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm not sure how this page Knowledge Base escaped me, but I'm sure grateful that it exists. It provides all of the options I could possible want.
The only question I have is "Where should I insert any of this html code? It doesn't belong in the custom ecwid CSS, where I expected all customization to occur, so I'm guessing I should add it to my Joomla template's index.php, right?
Thanks very much for this and for having replied so promptly!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Oops, it just occurred to me that I've overlooked the actual Joomla article from which ECWID is called. It makes sense that the minicart code should go there with the other ECWID code. Thanks again and sorry for the unwarranted thread.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony reece View Post
Oops, it just occurred to me that I've overlooked the actual Joomla article from which ECWID is called. It makes sense that the minicart code should go there with the other ECWID code. Thanks again and sorry for the unwarranted thread.
Glad to hear that you've found the answer : -)
If you install the Minicart in the "fixed" mode, then the widget code has to be added to the exact place in your template, where you want your minicart to appear.

If you install your minicart in any other mode, then the code can be added to the same place, where the other Ecwid integration code is placed.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM

You can always use div tags to move the mini cart where you want. I make a css deceleration and then run the id in div tag. I have no problem being able to move any of the Ecwid widgets, just as long as you have the code to do so (the ecwid script).
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM

For example::

<div id="minicart">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?YOURSTORENUMBERHERE"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=Mini"); </script>
</div>

CSS::

#minicart{position:absolute;top:98px;left:1108px;}

This is what i did.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.