The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:23 AM

Email address that is not yet registered or confirmed.

Hello, I'm having trouble processing a payment and I get this message in the additional information part of the order. I've never encountered this problem before. Please help!

This order is "Awaiting Payment" because the money has not been transferred to your PayPal account yet.

Pending reason returned by PayPal:
The payment is pending because it was made to an email address that is not yet registered or confirmed.

I don't know what I need to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladybird Art For This Useful Post:
Ammon Runger1 (06-27-2019), Давыдов Дмитрий (01-09-2018)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybird Art View Post
Hello, I'm having trouble processing a payment and I get this message in the additional information part of the order. I've never encountered this problem before. Please help!

This order is "Awaiting Payment" because the money has not been transferred to your PayPal account yet.

The payment is pending because it was made to an email address that is not yet registered or confirmed.

I don't know what I need to do.
Hello,

This is Stacy from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

Thank you for contacting us on this matter!

I'm sorry you faced this. Please, no worries, we are here and ready to help you with it.

The error you received was the following one:

Quote:
For some reason PayPal has not accepted the email address which is now stated as a PayPal account in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Payment page within the settings of PayPal.

First of all I'd recommend checking the email address stated for PayPal Standard for possible typos and compare it thoroughly with the email you have registered in PayPal.

If everything is correct, it's a good idea to contact PayPal on that matter as well since they might shed some light on the status of your account at the moment the order was placed. There might have been some issues on their side which made the processor consider the account as non-verified.

Please, come back with more info provided by PayPal if the address is correct and I'll be glad to help you out with this further.

Also, please, check this full help-instruction for such error messages in our Help center: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...smadetoanemail

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stacy_P For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 10:35 PM

Hi, I am also expecting this error.

I have contacted paypal and they say to contact ecwid.

From paypal's perspective - the emails have been confirmed.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,
Mai
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetieproducts For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2017, 07:19 AM

Hey there, I face the same issue. I mistakenly put the wrong email on ecwid but know I have fixed it. What should I do now that it is fixed? The payment is still in awaiting mode. Do I need to cancel this order and send the buyer a bill? Thank you for your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to EcwidEm For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 02:04 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetieproducts View Post
Hi, I am also expecting this error.

I have contacted paypal and they say to contact ecwid.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,
Mai
Hi Mai,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Quote:
The error you see in the error details means that your PayPal account is not yet registered or confirmed. You can see which PayPal account you use to accept payments in the control panel > Settings > Payment > click 'Account details' link next to PayPal. That is the account that you should confirm.

I see that you also sent us an email with the question about these transactions. Our agent Edward has contacted PayPal to find out more details and will email you with the update as soon as he gets it.

Thank you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daria Sh. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hey there, I face the same issue. I mistakenly put the wrong email on ecwid but know I have fixed it. What should I do now that it is fixed? The payment is still in awaiting mode. Do I need to cancel this order and send the buyer a bill? Thank you for your help!
Hello,

I'm Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

Quote:
I mistakenly put the wrong email on ecwid but know I have fixed it. What should I do now that it is fixed? The payment is still in awaiting mode. Do I need to cancel this order and send the buyer a bill?
Please, let me explain this behavior.

Ecwid doesn't process payments itself. When you set up an online payment method in your store (that charges customer at the exact time when an order is placed, like PayPal), the transactions are held on the side of a payment gateway you use.

Now, let's see, what happened. When your customer placed the order, your PayPal payment method was set up with typo in email address. So, PayPal charged the customers' credit card and tried to process the transaction to PayPal account with the incorrect email address. Since the transaction was not completed, the money are now held at PayPal side. If the transaction will not be completed, the funds will be automatically refunded to your customer.

Since the transaction is held on PayPal side, the changing of PayPal account email in Ecwid Settings won't affect the destination of the transaction, because it was already issued by PayPal.

In this case I suggest, that you contact PayPal and explain them the situation. Possibly, they will be able to provide you with any idea of how to transfer the money to the correct PayPal account.

Also, you can ask your customer to replace the order when the funds will be returned to his/her bank account.

Hope I made this clear for you. Feel free to ask questions in case you have any.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Flint For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-09-2018), EcwidEm (11-02-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:36 PM

Hey guys! My issue has been resolved. I'm posting the resolution in case someone comes by the same issue at a later date.

Issue:

Solution:
it appears that the sandbox (test) mode was enabled for my account. ECWID had recently released a new design page for PayPal account settings within Ecwid Control Panel; previously this page had the setting that allowed to switch between the live and sandbox mode; now it doesn't.

My account was registered before the release of design changes, and I had enabled the sandbox (test) mode before. The sandbox mode is a test mode to see how PayPal works. When a transaction is processed with the enabled sandbox mode, no real money is involved.

ECWID had to disabled the sandbox mode in order to start accepting online payments via PayPal.

Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetieproducts For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Alex Flint from Ecwid Team is here.

Thanks a lot for your message. This will be helpful for those, who face the same issue.

Please, feel free to contact us via email if any questions appear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Flint For This Useful Post:

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.