The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
I think the improvements that was mentioned the other day is spot on. The real store without having to click the "open my store" (which it seems no one of my friends understood) and getting rid of the random stuff is a great improvement.
Well, the app tabs are still limited and very narrow. If you don't like the "Open my store" button, the custom FB tab is the best solution. Even ASOS follows this way: http://www.facebook.com/ASOSOfficial?v=app_11007063052 : -)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Granger View Post
Yes that is what I really need. Then I could promote to fans of the product, not just my personal fans. For me there is a difference, a big one. The fans / friends of each are almost completely different.
Well, unfortunately FB doesn't provide out of the box solutions to share products on a page's wall. However, the solution exists. Create direct links to your products using this way: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853261/...myFacebookshop Then share them on your page's wall manually.

We will think if it is possible to create a tool which will make this process easier.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #12  
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
OurRainbow Press's Avatar
OurRainbow Press OurRainbow Press is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

I love the new iframe functionality in facebook and the ability that ecwid brings. Take a look at the facebook store that I added with just a basic html page and ecwid js code. The html page was then set up in a facebook app. I used a width of 500PX in the html page so that everything fit without a problem.

Facebook Store


Product 1 Facebook Store


Product 2 Facebook Store

Here are some reference links to set up iframe applications

http://www.hyperarts.com/blog/adding...book-fan-page/

http://www.kimwoodbridge.com/how-to-...-with-iframes/

Last edited by OurRainbow Press; 03-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.
  #13  
Old 03-06-2011, 06:38 AM
lakesentrance's Avatar
lakesentrance lakesentrance is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 23
Default

I preferred the old FB page with the Tabs across the top, instead of these dodgy little links in the left hand pane. Seems to me FB is trying to hide our creations.

However, I've got my Ecwid store on FB, and look forward to having the full catalogue appear when u click it, instead of random products and the Enter Store button.

Our Rainbow Press, that's the way to go. Looks like another two hours reading and implementing your solution, using the iframe (which is how I setup my Info page), or wait for Ecwid to make it all automatic.

I love Ecwid, i think u guys have done a fantastic job of a multi-purpose shopping cart. Just don't ever disappear into the ether, otherwise all our products will disappear.
  #14  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
OurRainbow Press's Avatar
OurRainbow Press OurRainbow Press is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Lakestrance

I would think that the facebook appliaction that Ecwid develops will be a good one and will likely give some good alternatives. I went ahead and did mine so that I could have a store open that was similar to the one on our website. I will potentially change it depending on what Ecwid develops. Setting it up is not difficult. Leave a link to your fan page so I can see how yours progresses.
  #15  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
I love the new iframe functionality in facebook and the ability that ecwid brings. Take a look at the facebook store that I added with just a basic html page and ecwid js code. The html page was then set up in a facebook app. I used a width of 500PX in the html page so that everything fit without a problem.
Nice!

Quote:
I preferred the old FB page with the Tabs across the top, instead of these dodgy little links in the left hand pane. Seems to me FB is trying to hide our creations.
Well, at least they allow renaming the tabs and using iframes now! : -)

Quote:
I love Ecwid, i think u guys have done a fantastic job of a multi-purpose shopping cart. Just don't ever disappear into the ether, otherwise all our products will disappear.
Our other e-commerce products have already been on the market for 8+ years, so we, Ecwid, will have the awesome future as well : -) We have very big long-term plans for it.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #16  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 PM
lakesentrance's Avatar
lakesentrance lakesentrance is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurRainbow Press View Post
Lakestrance

I would think that the facebook appliaction that Ecwid develops will be a good one and will likely give some good alternatives. I went ahead and did mine so that I could have a store open that was similar to the one on our website. I will potentially change it depending on what Ecwid develops. Setting it up is not difficult. Leave a link to your fan page so I can see how yours progresses.
I tried to set it up, but for some reason got totally messed up with the URL's it was asking for. The canvas page url etc.

I created an index2.html file, uploaded it to my server, then tried to enter that as the Canvas URL ... http://www.lakesentrance.com/facebookimages/index2.html ... but it insisted the URL had to end in a trailing slash. But of course, putting a trailing slash after the index2.html just didn't work.

As you'll see, by clicking on the above link, it opens the page no problems.

So I gave up for now, and thought i'd wait for ecwid to create their app.
  #17  
Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 AM
OurRainbow Press's Avatar
OurRainbow Press OurRainbow Press is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesentrance View Post
I created an index2.html file, uploaded it to my server, then tried to enter that as the Canvas URL ... http://www.lakesentrance.com/facebookimages/index2.html ... but it insisted the URL had to end in a trailing slash. But of course, putting a trailing slash after the index2.html just didn't work.
.
I named the file index.html and put it in a facebook subfolder on my web server (similar to your subfolder). I think if you rename your file index.html and use the URL http://www.lakesentrance.com/facebookimages/ in the facebook app it should work. You should also I limited my store to list view (i think table view would also work) because it autofits the webpage width (I could not get the grid view to work more coding than I cared to attempt).

Last edited by OurRainbow Press; 03-08-2011 at 03:14 AM.
  #18  
Old 03-08-2011, 03:44 AM
lakesentrance's Avatar
lakesentrance lakesentrance is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurRainbow Press View Post
I named the file index.html and put it in a facebook subfolder on my web server (similar to your subfolder). I think if you rename your file index.html and use the URL http://www.lakesentrance.com/facebookimages/ in the facebook app it should work. You should also I limited my store to list view (i think table view would also work) because it autofits the webpage width (I could not get the grid view to work more coding than I cared to attempt).
Ahh, I suspected as such but havent got back to it.
Reason I had it index2.html was because my other facebook html page was index.html in the same folder.

So, solution should be make a new folder, and do it as you suggested. I'll give it a try. And good point with the "list" view. I'll let u know how i go and thanks for your feedback.
  #19  
Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurRainbow Press View Post
You should also I limited my store to list view (i think table view would also work) because it autofits the webpage width (I could not get the grid view to work more coding than I cared to attempt).
What's the problem with the grid view and page width? Could you please describe it or attach a screen-shot?
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #20  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
OurRainbow Press's Avatar
OurRainbow Press OurRainbow Press is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
What's the problem with the grid view and page width? Could you please describe it or attach a screen-shot?
I think the issue is related to how many columns you have in grid view. My standard store ahs 3 columns so in grid view this casued FB to have a scroll bar. the other views auto fit into the 520px width on FB. I am quite sure if I changed the grid to have two columns if would work okay.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
facebook

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.