The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 AM

I need to keep track of inventory for each selection under each option. Is this possible with Silver under Blogger?

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep track of inventory for the paint I sell online. We currently have 36 colors of paint. I am able to keep track of the individual cans of paint, but I also sell 3, 4 & 9 packs... of our paint sample pots. So, for the nine pack, I have Nine Options (Color Choice 1, 2, 3.... 9) with each option having 36 Selections (one for each color).

Will your variation choice in your silver account handle this? Will I need to retype everything? and does this work through Blogger, I didn't see it listed as a choice. If this will work for me, how hard is it to upgrade?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM

Yes, tracking the stock quantities per option is available with the Silver plan (and that may never depend on where your store is installed - Blogger is fine just like anything else). To track quantities of your separate options you will need to create the products variations - 1 variation per each of the selections that needs to be tracked separately. You won't need to exactly retype everything - your options and all other data retains after upgrade, but you will need to manually create each of the variations though.

To upgrade your account to Silver plan just follow the instructions in the My Profile tab of Ecwid control panel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Shizzle Design (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM

Default variations

I'm still confused. If my Options are my color choices (1-9) and my Selections are my paint colors ei: blue, red, yellow, green..., will the Silver Account let me track the inventory of the individual paint color selections. I guess I'm now following how you're assigning the selections to the variation options. Maybe I need some coffee? Or some espresso beans ~

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
combinations, inventory, options, silver account