The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 PM

Add multiple stores

Hi, i want to sell multiple products on my wix site...so, i want to add only a category of product on every page...
for example, when a visitor clics on the 'bags" link, it leads him directly to a page that contains bags only...i did it with wixstores with it's extensions....but your store doesent't have those extensions...i want to add ecwid stores because of its design and its search engine, but i have to solve this problem before...
Please help, create multiple pages with different categories of product displaying..

You can browse my editing site to get more want i'm looking for...

http://bodines.wix.com/emmanuel
Old 06-30-2015, 08:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fextore View Post
Hi, i want to sell multiple products on my wix site...so, i want to add only a category of product on every page...
for example, when a visitor clics on the 'bags" link, it leads him directly to a page that contains bags only...i did it with wixstores with it's extensions....but your store doesent't have those extensions...i want to add ecwid stores because of its design and its search engine, but i have to solve this problem before...
Please help, create multiple pages with different categories of product displaying..

You can browse my editing site to get more want i'm looking for...

http://bodines.wix.com/emmanuel
Hello,

thank you for getting in touch with us. Ecwid application for Wix allows to add the store only to a separate page of your Wix website. Still you can achieve your goal by linking Wix menu items with category pages in Ecwid.

To grab a link to the category page, browse the category page and copy the URL from the address bar. For instance, the category Boîtes de Conserves has the following direct URL: http://bodines.wix.com/emmanuel#!onl...es/c/13598665/

Build a menu using Wix tools and attach the links to corresponding category pages to each menu item. Ecwid allows to assign products to several categories at once, so if you create a category for bags and grab a direct link to it, as I instructed above, you will be able to redirect your customers to the page with bags only.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM

Default WIX to Ecwid

I have a WIX site with categories then sub-categories and then actual products. www.hdmi-led.com. Due to currency limitations offered by WIX I would like to test Ecwid as a checkout option - Ecwid supports ZAR via FastPay.

when you select an actual product (for checkout) can the next step be automatically routed/url link or similar to Ecwid? Assume I have created identical products in both WIX and Ecwid.

I summary I would like a to be WIX except the final product / check out selection?

Is this possible?

Br
Hendi
Old 07-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendi View Post
I have a WIX site with categories then sub-categories and then actual products. www.hdmi-led.com. Due to currency limitations offered by WIX I would like to test Ecwid as a checkout option - Ecwid supports ZAR via FastPay.

when you select an actual product (for checkout) can the next step be automatically routed/url link or similar to Ecwid? Assume I have created identical products in both WIX and Ecwid.

I summary I would like a to be WIX except the final product / check out selection?

Is this possible?

Br
Hendi
Hello Hendi,

Thanks a lot for your message. I am sorry for the delay with the reply.

In order to purchase anything in Ecwid store, your customer should open a product page and click on "Add to bag" button. Once a product is added to bag, your customer will be redirected to the shopping bag page where they can check out.

I inspected your site http://www.hdmi-led.co.za/ and as I can see, you attached links to Ecwid categories to the menu items on your site. For example, once I clicked on "Small lamps" button, it took me here: http://www.hdmi-led.co.za/#!online-i...=0&sort=normal

On a category page, I can quickly add products to bag using "Buy now" buttons, or I can open a product page to learn more about particular product. While on a product page, I can add product to bag as well.

I think this is the best way to use Ecwid store on your site.

As for this way:

Quote:
"to be WIX except the final product / check out selection"
In order to achieve this, you will need to link a particular product in Wix store to the same product in Ecwid. In this case your customers will have to do extra step to buy a product: first they should find this product in Wix store, then they will open the same product in Ecwid. I believe this is not the way how good online store should work.

I hope this will help. Feel free to write me back if you have any more questions.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.